I used the Stampin’ Up! Coffee Cafe stamp set bundle and the Petal Passion DSP to create my card for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop today. We’ve got a color challenge this week and this is what I made for it.
Here are the colors that we’re using today…I added a little Soft Suede with the black & white:
The design for my card was inspired by the Fusion sketch and inspiration photo:
I started by stamping the coffee ring image from the Timeless Textures stamp set in Soft Suede ink across a panel of Petal Passion DSP. I adhered the stamped panel to a panel of Basic Black card stock with SNAIL and then wrapped a strand of Linen Thread around the panel three times and tied a bow. I adhered the layered panel to the front of a Soft Suede card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I cut the coffee cup from a panel of Coffee Break DSP and the sleeve from a panel of Soft Suede card stock with the dies from the Coffee Cups Framelits Dies. I inked the whipped cream image from the Coffee Cafe stamp set in Soft Suede ink, stamped it on scrap paper and then stamped it on a panel of Whisper White card stock. I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede ink on the same panel and cut both of them out with the coordinating Coffee Cups Framelits Dies.
I stamped the straw image from the Coffee Cafe stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento ink on a panel of Whisper White card stock and the lid image in VersaMark Ink on a panel of White Vellum. I sprinkled the lid image with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and then heat embossed it. I cut the lid and straw out with the coordnating Coffee Cups Framelits Dies.
I adhered the die cut pieces together with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I added one of the Corrugated Elements under the sentiment oval and a Rhinestone Basic Jewel next to it as I adhered the pieces together. I adhered the coffee cup die cuts to a panel of Whisper White cards stock and then to panels of Basic Black and Soft Suede card stock with SNAIL. I adhered the layered panel to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the coffee ring image from the Timeless Textures stamp set in Soft Suede ink twice across a panel of Whisper White ink inside the card.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what Shelagh Freemantle has created today.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
January 16-31 Host Code: QB9PMB4W
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2017-18 Annual Catalog OR 2018 Occasions Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Soft Suede – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base, 2-5/8″ x 4-1/8″ panel
- Basic Black – 2-3/8″ x 3-7/8″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel
- Whisper White – 2-1/4″ x 3-3/4″ panel, three Coffee Cups Framelits die cuts, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- White Vellum – Coffee Cups Framelits die cut
- Coffee Break Designer Series Paper – Coffee Cups Framelits die cut
- Petal Passion Designer Series Paper – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: