We had our in-person/online team meeting over the weekend and I thought that I’d share a few photos from the event as well as the projects that we created. Our event kicked off with lunch followed by a short business meeting with Nancy, Jaimie and Karen joining us online and then we got busy stamping. 🙂
Lots of discussion while Lori, Sherry, Mary, Leslie, Linda and Aileen worked on their card project.
And there was a little chattering over at the table with Barbara, Cindy, Beth, Sue and Marilyn while they made their baskets too!
Finn was there to supervise the festivities and he did his best to keep Sue in line. 😉
Apparently herding everyone back to their places after using the big shot makes a puppy tired.
Mary, Finn and Leslie scooted out before I could grab a picture of the entire group. But here are Aileen, Lori, Sue, Sherry and Linda showing of their projects.
And Marylin, Beth, Cindy and Barbara showed off their completed cards too!
Here is the card that we made with the Blossoming Basket Sale-a-bration bundle. The basic card design was inspired by one that I saw from Emma Goddard, you can see her card here.
Here is the little Easter basket that we made with the Basket Weave Embossing Folder and a few stamps, die cuts and punches. This is the basic template for the basket:
The quick instructions for the basket are as follows:
- Emboss two 3-3/4″ x 6″ panels of Crumb Cake DSP with the Basket Weave Embossing Folder.
- Score both panels face up with the exact same score lines (both panels need to look exactly the same when you are done or the basket won’t go together correctly):
- Place the 6″ side against the top of the Simply Scored tool and score at 2-1/2″ and again at 5-1/2″.
- Turn the panel 90 degrees and score at 1-1/2″.
- Use the top of the Best Badge Punch to punch along the tops of both of the Crumb Cake panels.
- Snip out the 1/2″ x 1-1/2″ piece in the bottom right corner of both panels.
- Snip from the bottom of each panel up the score lines to the 1-1/2″ score line.
- Adhere the sides together (the two 1/2″ flaps) with Tear & Tape Adhesive.
- Adhere the bottom closed with Tear & Tape Adhesive.
- Emboss a 3/4″ x 6″ strip of Crumb Cake card stock with the Basket Weave Embossing Folder.
- Adhere the two ends of the basket handle to the inside of the basket with Tear & Tape Adhesive.
- Fill with Sweet Soirée Ready Shreddie and embellish as you’d like.
I did create a quick video on Facebook Live to show you how to put this basket together…I did a little goof and cut the card stock to the wrong size for one of the pieces but didn’t realize it until I was half way through assembling it! Yikes!! Well…I finished the video anyway since the steps are the same. I just ended up with a wonky basket in the video. 🙂 Feel free to laugh along. Enjoy!
You can also watch the video on my YouTube Channel here:
We had a great time chatting with our team members near and far and had a good time stamping too! Looking forward to our next meeting already!
Interested in Joining Us?
If you’d like to join our team, we’d love to have you! You can become a demonstrator for just $99. You get to choose $125 in Stampin’ Up! products for your Starter Kit and your kit ships for free! And if you join during Sale-a-bration 2018 (Jan 3-Mar 31), you get to pick two extra stamp sets in your Starter Kit for FREE!!
We welcome all types of Demonstrators from those only purchasing to get the discount for themselves to those who want to run a business and those anywhere in between! There is no commitment and no penalty if you decide that being a Demonstrator isn’t right for you. Why not give it a try? We have a fun Facebook page where we chat a lot and we do virtual meetings monthly and in-person meetings quarterly. Drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to any of my team members if you have any questions. You can also see more information about the benefits of becoming a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator here.
March 16-31 Host Code: WEXMBP94
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2017-18 Annual Catalog OR 2018 Occasions Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Great projects Amy. Looks like everyone had a good time and a wonderful group of ladies
They are a pretty awesome group. 😀
Everything about your post today is great. Thank you for putting the names with faces because I couldn’t remember everyone from Sunday afar! Your card is so pretty. I love the colors and those butterflies are so cute. Thanks, also, for the template to make the basket. I’m going to try that for our card club. Have a wonderful day.
It was great to have you join us online for the meeting Karen! Hope that your group loves the basket too! 🙂
It looks like everyone had a great time stamping, talking and a bit of snacking too! Thanks for the photos, Amy, and for the basket directions too. How fun~
We did have a great time! The basket is super simple to make! 🙂
That is one good looking group of SU! demonstrators!! Lots of talent in that room! And…the dog. What a sweetie he is! 😉
Hahaha…yep, it’s really the Finn show. The rest of us are just there to amuse and pet him. 🙂
oh wow, that looks like it was a ton of fun
It was lots of fun!! 🙂
Great card Amy and I love the basket. Thanks so much for including the how to.
Thanks Robbye! 🙂
Looks like a fun time! Love the projects…..and I Just ordered this SAB set so thanks for the basket info!
Thanks Linda! We did have fun! 🙂
can you do a video of making the basket?
I will try to hop on Facebook Live tomorrow some time to show you how I put it together. 🙂
What fun. Thanks for sharing pics and the projects. Beautiful card and cute basket. I love that embossing folder’s texture.
Thanks Susan! 🙂