I pulled out the Inspired Events stamp set from Stampin’ Up! to create a couple of cards for my nephews who are receiving their 1st Communion this spring. I am sharing the clean and simple card that I created for them with you today.
One quick note from me…my daughter has another field trip that I’ll be chaperoning today so I will be out for most of the day. Feel free to drop me a note with any questions, I’ll get back in touch just as soon as I get back home!
I started by stamping the border image from the Inspired Events photopolymer stamp set in Smoky Slate ink across the bottom of a panel of Whisper White card stock. Then I stamped the two sentiments from the Inspired Events stamp set in VersaMark Ink on the panel, sprinkled them with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed them.
I cut a cross from Silver Foil Sheets with one of the Cross of Hope Framelits Dies and I adhered it to the card front with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
I adhered the stamped panel to a slightly larger panel of Whisper White card stock with SNAIL and then to the front of a Thick Whisper White card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the sentiment from the Better Together stamp set in Smoky Slate ink and the scroll image from the Inspired Events stamp set in Sahara Sand ink under it on a panel of Whisper White card stock inside the card.
You can see a list of supplies, including card stock cuts, for creating this project at the very bottom of this blog post.
April 16-30 Host Code: KE4QYSMZ
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2017-18 Annual Catalog OR 2018 Occasions Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
Last Chance for the Stampin’ Up! Retiring Products!
Select products from the 2018 occasions catalog and 2017-2018 annual catalog are retiring—and this is your last chance to get them!
- Click here to see a printable PDF of the retiring list from the Annual Catalog.
- Click here to se a printable PDF of the retiring list from the Occasions Catalog.
- Click here to go right to my online store to start shopping the retiring list!
Here are the details:
- Promotion dates: April 9–May 31, 2018 beginning at 1:00 PM (MT)
- There is no minimum purchase required to participate in this promotion.
- All retiring items (except for stamp sets, see the next bullet point) are only available while supplies last and will be discontinued after May 31.
- Due to high demand for retiring stamp sets, retiring stamp sets will be guaranteed available until May 25; all other products are not guaranteed and are only available while supplies last.
- Retiring items are eligible for Stampin’ Rewards with qualifying orders.
- Retiring host sets can only be purchased using Stampin’ Rewards from a qualifying party.
- Depending on inventory levels, discounts on select products may be introduced on or after May 8.
- These discounts will not be preannounced.
- Discounts may vary by market depending on inventory levels.
- If you buy a product at retail price and then it is later discounted, Stampin’ Up! will not refund the difference.
- If there is a product you want, we recommend buying it right away and not waiting to see if it’s discounted later or you risk it being sold out.
- If you start an order before a discount is announced, the order will not include the discounted pricing. If you want to order a product that has been discounted, you will need to start the order after the discounts are announced.
- Order Deadline: May 31, 2018, by 11:50 PM (MT)
***One Quick Note on the Current Bundles: Some of the stamp sets from the current catalogs that are bundled with punches or dies will carry forward into the new 2018-19 Annual Catalog. However, the bundled pricing for those items will end on May 31. So be sure to scoop up those bundles before the current catalogs end so that you don’t miss out on the discount!
Head over to my online store to shop for those retiring items now!!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Thick Whisper White – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base
- Whisper White – 3-3/4″ x 5″ panel, 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Silver Foil Sheets – Cross of Hope Framelits die cut
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project:
So simple and so lovely!
Thanks Julie! 🙂
Lovely card, Amy! Blessings for the first communicants…a special time.
Thank you Kate! 🙂
Beautiful card Amy, so Classy, have fun on the field trip
Thanks Sandi! 🙂
A very elegant card! Have fun on the field trip.
Thank you Twila! 🙂
This is beautiful…..love the soft gray and the embossed cross……
Thanks Linda! 🙂
Very pretty…this set is on my wish list! <3
Beautiful elegant card, Amy! Just wonderful! 🙂
Thanks so much Mary! 🙂
Amy this card is beautiful
Thanks Robbye! 🙂