I used the Stampin’ Up! Tropical Chic stamp set bundle to create my card for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop today. We’ve got a color challenge this week and this is what I made for it.
Here are the colors that we’re using this week:
My card design was inspired by CASE this Sketch #275.
I started by adhering a panel from the Tropical Escape 6″ x 6″ DSP pack to a Shaded Spruce card stock panel with SNAIL. Then I stamped the leaf images from the Tropical Chic stamp set in Blushing Bride ink and the sentiment in Shaded Spruce ink on a Blushing Bride card stock panel. I adhered the stamped panel over the DSP layer with SNAIL.
I cut a circle from Whisper White card stock with a Stitched Shapes Framelits Die and then adhered it over the card front with SNAIL. I stamped the leaves and flower from the Tropical Chic stamp set in Blushing Bride, Shaded Spruce and Granny Apple Green inks on a panel of Whisper White card stock and the cut them out with the coordinating Tropical Thinlits Dies. I also cut a panel of Shaded Spruce card stock with a Tropical Thinlits Die and then I adhered the die cut to the Whisper White circle with Glue Dots.
I pulled a strand of Linen Thread through one of the Tropical Elements, tied a bow and adhered it with a Glue Dot to the panel. I adhered the layered panel to a Shaded Spruce card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals to finish it.
I stamped one of the leaves from the Tropical Chic stamp set in Granny Apple Green ink on a panel of Whisper White card stock and then added a die cut flower stamped in Blushing Bride ink to finish the inside of the card.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what Shelagh Freemantle has created today.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
- Amy Koenders – You Are Here
- Shelagh Freemantle
- Mary Deatherage
- Kristi Gray
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Sue Prather
- Karen Finkle
- Julie Johnston
June 1-15 Host Code: F3BBV9HB
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2018-19 Annual Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Shaded Spruce – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base, Tropical Thinlits die cut, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel
- Blushing Bride – 2-1/2″ x 5-1/8″ panel
- Whisper White – Stitched Shapes Framelits die cut, four Tropical Thinlits die cuts, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Tropical Escape 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: