Welcome back to another Inkin’ Krew blog hop! Our very talented team is doing a blog hop featuring Stampin’ Up! products. This month we are all creating projects with a “Birthday” theme and I’m featuring the By the Bay stamp set bundle for my project.
My card design was inspired by the Fusion Sketch Challenge this week.
I started by adhering a panel from the Wood Textures DSP Stack to an Early Espresso card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Then I stamped the image from the By the Bay stamp set (Sale-a-bration item) in StazOn Jet Black ink on a panel of watercolor paper. I used an Aqua Painter and Pool Party ink to do a watercolor wash for the sky background on the stamped image.
I used Balmy Blue, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral, Gray Granite and Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write Makers to color the rest of the stamped image and then took a Blender Pen and blended the ink a bit to give it the watercolor look. I let the image dry completely and then cut the center of the image with one of the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies.
I stamped the sentiment from the Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set in Early Espresso ink on the “frame” watercolor panel and then adhered that panel to a panel of Balmy Blue card stock with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I adhered the die cut center with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the card front and then added a gold pearl from the Metallic Pearls pack to finish the card front.
I stamped the sentiment from the Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set and the shell image from the By the Bay stamp set in Early Espresso and Balmy Blue inks on a panel of Whisper White card stock to finish the inside of the card.
If you get lost along the way, here are the participants for the hop:
- Karen Ksenzakovic
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Karen Finkle
- Connie Troyer
- Sue Prather
- Mary Deatherage
- Shirley Gentry
- Amy Koenders <= you are here
February 1-15 Host Code: MY3KFTYM
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2018-19 Annual Catalog or in the 2019 Occasions Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Early Espresso – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″
- Balmy Blue – 3-5/8″ x 3-5/8″ panel
- Whisper White – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack – 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ panel
- Watercolor Paper – 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: