I used the Stampin’ Up! Needle & Thread stamp set bundle to create my card for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop. We’ve got a color challenge this week and here is what I created for it.
Here are the colors that we’re using this week:
My card design was inspired by CAS(E) this Sketch #311.
I started by embossing the front of a Balmy Blue card base with one of the dies from the Needlepoint Elements Framelits Dies. Then I adhered a panel of Needlepoint Nook DSP to a panel of Night of Navy card stock and then to the card front with SNAIL. I stamped the sentiment from the Needle & Thread stamp set in Night of Navy ink under the DSP panel on the card front.
I cut a panel of Night of Navy card stock with one of the Needlepoint Elements Framelits Dies and then adhered the die cuts with Glue Dots to the card front. I stamped the leaf image from the Needle & Thread stamp set in Balmy Blue ink on a panel of Whisper White card stock and then cut it out with the coordinating Needlepoint Elements Framelits Dies. I adhered the die cut with Glue Dots to the card front.
I inked the flower image from the Needle & Thread stamp set in Balmy Blue ink and then used a Sponge Dauber with Night of Navy ink to add a little more color to the edges and center of the stamp. I stamped the flower on Whisper White card stock, cut it out with the coordinating Needlepoint Elements Framelits Die and then adhered it with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the card front. I added a Happiness Blooms Enamel Dot next to the sentiment to finish the card front.
I stamped the sentiment and butterflies from the Needle & Thread stamp set in Night of Navy and Balmy Blue inks on a panel of Whisper White card stock to finish the inside of the card.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what Shelagh Freemantle has created today.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
- Amy Koenders – You Are Here
- Shelagh Freemantle
- Mary Deatherage
- Kristi Gray
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Sue Prather
- Karen Finkle
- Julie Johnston
- Eva Dobilas
March 1-15 Host Code: HQMTHHNJ
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2018-19 Annual Catalog or in the 2019 Occasions Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Balmy Blue – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel
- Night of Navy – 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ panel, two Needlepoint Elements Framelits die cuts
- Whisper White – two Needlepoint Elements Framelits die cuts, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Needlepoint Nook Designer Series Paper – 3-5/8″ x 3-5/8″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: