I used the beautiful Stampin’ Up! Sale-a-bration exclusive stamp set called Power Of Hope and the Colorful Seasons stamp set to create my card to share with you today. The lantern design was CASE’d from a card that Gail Ellis made and you can see it here.
My card design was loosely inspired by Freshly Made Sketches #420.
I started by stamping the tree image from the Power Of Hope stamp set (Sale-a-bration exclusive) in Soft Suede ink across a panel of Pressed Petals Specialty DSP. I adhered the stamped panel to a panel of Soft Suede card stock with SNAIL and then to a Poppy Parade card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I inked the Birch stamp in Crumb Cake ink, stamped it on scrap paper twice and then stamped it on a panel of Whisper White card stock. Then I stamped the image from the Power Hope stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento ink on the panel. I colored it with Light and Dark Poppy Parade and Light Old Olive Stampin’ Blends Markers. Then I stamped the branch and flower images from the Colorful Seasons photopolymer stamp set in Soft Suede and Poppy Parade inks on the panel.
I cut the stamped panel with one of the Layering Circles Dies and then embossed it with the Corrugated 3D Embossing Folder and the 3D Embossing Folder Plate. I adhered small strips of Poppy Parade card stock on the top and bottom of the die cut circle with SNAIL and then added a loop of 3/16″ Braided Linen Trim with a Glue Dot to the back. I adhered the lantern with Stampin’ Dimensionals under the Poppy Parade trim pieces.
I stamped the sentiment from the Power Of Hope stamp set in Soft Suede ink on a panel of Crumb Cake card stock and then cut it out with one of the Stitched So Sweetly Dies. I adhered the die cut sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals and Glue Dots and then added a Red Rhinestone Basic Jewel to finish the card front.
I stamped the image from the Power Hope stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento ink on a panel of Whisper White card stock and then colored it with Light and Dark Poppy Parade and Light Old Olive Stampin’ Blends Markers to finish the inside of the card.
You can see a list of supplies used to create this card, including the card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this blog post.
I’ve created a printable PDF with written instructions and a list of products used to create this card. You can download, print and/or save it by clicking this image:
February 1-15 Host Code: VP6K6MKE
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in in either the 2019-20 Annual Catalog or the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
Stamp With Amy K Stuck On You Ordering Bonus!
I’m offering a little ordering special for Valentine’s Day! I call it my “Stuck On You Valentine” ordering bonus! 🙂
For all orders of $50 or greater (before shipping and taxes) that have my current host code applied or for individual orders of $150 or greater placed through me between now and midnight MT on Saturday, February 15, you’ll get your choice of a free adhesive!
The adhesive will be in addition to the normal thank you gift that I order for you!! Plus, since your order will be over $50, you’ll earn Sale-A-Bration item(s) too. A big double yippee for more free goodies!!
Here is a list of the adhesives that I thought of, but there may be others that I haven’t thought of too:
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (2)
- Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (2)
- Black Stampin’ Dimensionals Combo Pack
- SNAIL Refill (2)
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue (2)
- Tear & Tape Adhesive
- Washi Tape
- Glue Dots
- Foam Adhesive Strips
- Fine-Tip Glue Pen
I’ll be placing the order for the adhesives with my host orders on Feb 16, so please be sure to send your selections right away when you order…otherwise I’ll pick one for you and send it out with your thank you gift!
Visit my online store here to start shopping now!! Let me know if you have any questions. Happy shopping!!
COORDINATION PRODUCT RELEASE STARTS TOMORROW!
Stampin’ Up! is doing another coordinating product release this year! Yay!! Beginning February 4, you’ll have the opportunity to purchase products that coordinate with our favorite products from the January–June 2020 Mini Catalog and Sale-A-Bration Borchure!
Here are the products that will be available for sale beginning February 4!
Nature’s Thoughts Dies – Item 153586 – $29
Coordinate with the Positive Thoughts Stamp Set from the Mini Catalog
Special Day Dies – Item 153587 – $29
Coordinate with the Special Someone Stamp Set from the Mini Catalog
Ladybugs Dies – Item 153588 – $29
Coordinate with the Little Ladybug Sale-a-bration Host Exclusive Stamp Set
Sending Flowers Dies – Item 153589 – $27
Coordinate with the Sending You Thoughts Sale-a-bration Stamp Set
Birthday Dies – Item 153590 – $27
Coordinate with the Happy Birthday To You Sale-a-bration Stamp Set
Pleased As Punch 12″ x 12″ Designer Series Paper – Item 153558 – $11.50
Coordinates with the Small Bloom Punch (Sale-A-Bration), the Heart Punch Pack (January–June 2020 Mini Catalog), the Tulip Builder Punch (January–June 2020 Mini Catalog) and the Builder Umbrella Punch (January–June 2020 Mini Catalog).
Coordination Products Ordering Details:
- Ordering Dates: February 4–March 31, 2020
- Items available during this promotion can be added to any type of order: customer, workshop, and online orders.
- No limits apply during the customer sales period.
- Qualifying orders are eligible for Stampin’ Rewards.
- Coordination Product Release items can be added to a starter kit. Demonstrators can preorder the Coordination Products NOW, so you can add these to your Starter Kit today! Click here to purchase your Starter Kit with me now!
- Coordination Product Release items are offered until March 31, 2020 or while supplies last. So order early to make sure that you can get the coordinating items that you are wanting!
- Products are not part of Sale-A-Bration, and it must be purchased or redeemed for Stampin’ Rewards on qualifying orders.
- There are no bundle item numbers; each item has its own individual item number.
Here is a flyer with the details, click on the image to open the full-size PDF:
Let me know if you have any questions about these products. Get them early by joining now! Or pick them up beginning February 4!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
- Follow me on:
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Poppy Parade – 4-1/4” x 11” card base scored at 5-1/2″, two 1/2″ x 1-1/2″ strips
- Soft Suede – 3-3/4″ x 5″ panel
- Crumb Cake – Stitched So Sweetly die cut
- Whisper White – Layering Circles die cut, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Pressed Petals Specialty Designer Series Paper – 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project:
This is gorgeous Amy! I love the lantern on the stamped wood grain background!
Thanks Akiko! 🙂
Your use of the Birch stamp in the background truly gives the “lantern” the look of rice paper. The cherry blossoms on a branch was the perfect touch. Love, love, love!!!
Thanks Debra! 🙂
So pretty! What a clever way to create a lantern!! Guess I have to CASE this one! 🙂
Thanks Mary! CASE away…I borrowed the idea from Gail Ellis! 🙂
I love how you’ve made a lantern for this pretty scene! Always a treat to see you in the Freshly Made Sketches gallery, Amy!
Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment! 🙂
I just discovered this great card, Amy! I wasn’t too interested in this stamp set but now that I have it and see how you used it, I am going to enjoy it. I see you also have a tutorial – how special is that? I would like to CASE the card if you don’t mind. I will link your card to my blog.
Thanks so much Melanie! Feel free to CASE away. 🙂