I used the Stampin’ Up! Timeless Tropical stamp set to create my card for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop. We’ve got a color challenge this week and here is what I created for it. This one is pretty bright…so you might need your shades! 😉
Here are the colors that we’re using this week:
My card design was inspired by Global Design Project #GPD238.
I started by adhering 1/2″ strips of Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight and Grapefruit Grove card stocks to a larger panel of Grapefruit Grove card stock with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I intentionally made the strips longer than needed and then trimmed the panel to the size that I wanted after everything was dry. I adhered the striped panel to a panel of Bermuda Bay card stock with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I adhered the layered panel to a panel of Daffodil Delight card stock and then to the Grapefruit Grove card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
I cut a panel of Champagne Foil Sheets with the 3rd smallest die from the Layering Circles Dies and then cut around the circle with the larger circle die from the Painted Labels Dies. I adhered the die cut circle with Glue Dots (hidden under the sentiment area).
I stamped the sentiment from the Timeless Tropical stamp set in VersaMark ink on a panel of Grapefruit Grove card stock, sprinkled it with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. I cut around the sentiment with the smaller label from the Painted Labels Dies. I adhered the die cut sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals and then added five Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels to finish the card front.
I stamped the sentiment from the Timeless Tropical stamp set in Grapefruit Grove DSP on a Whisper White card stock panel and then added a small panel that I’d trimmed from the card front to the bottom of the sentiment panel to finish the inside of the card.
You can see a list of supplies used to create this card, including the card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this blog post.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what Mary Deatherage has created today.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
- Amy Koenders – You Are Here
- Mary Deatherage
- Kristi Gray
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Sue Prather
- Karen Finkle
- Eva Dobilas
- Akiko Sudano
- Karen Ksenzakovic
I’ve created a printable PDF with written instructions and a list of products used to create this card. You can download, print and/or save it by clicking this image:
April 16-30 Host Code: FV7FYQRF
May 1-15 Host Code: 9XJTSFJW
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in in either the 2019-20 Annual Catalog or the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
Stampin’ Up!’s Last Chance Sale On Retiring Items Going On Now!
Stampin’ Up! has posted their retiring lists for the 2019-20 Annual Catalog and January-June 2020 Mini Catalog. Head over to my online store to pick up those retiring items now! They’re only available while supplies last from now through June 2! And some of the items are available at a discount!!
Click here to go to my online store to start shopping the entire list of retiring products!
You can also download copies of the full retiring lists in PDF Form here:
- Click here to get a copy of the full retiring list from the 2019-20 Annual Catalog. The font is super tiny, so you’ll need to zoom out to read it!
- Click here to get a copy of the full retiring list from the January-June 2020 Mini Catalog. The font is super tiny, so you’ll need to zoom out to read it!
- Click here to download the sortable Excel File with the Annual Catalog retiring list.
- Click here to download the sortable Excel File with the Mini Catalog retiring list.
Have fun shopping! Don’t forget, everything except for the stamp sets are only available while supplies last!!
One quick FYI, the Stampin’ Blends are NOT retiring, they’re being repackaged and sold as Combo Packs starting with the new catalog. So don’t panic! They’re still going to be available. YAYAY!!!
Ornate Garden Suite – Early Release Available Now!
Stampin’ Up! has a beautiful new early release product suite from the upcoming Annual Catalog and it’s available to order now!!
Click the image below to open the full size three page PDF flyer with the product details and images of the new items:
This beautiful suite of products can be found in my online store here!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
- Follow me on:
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Grapefruit Grove – 4-1/4” x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″, 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ panel trimmed down to 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″, four 1/2″ x 4-1/4″ strips, Painted Labels die cut
- Daffodil Delight – three 1/2″ x 4-1/4″ strips, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel
- Bermuda Bay – three 1/2″ x 4-1/4″ strips, 3-3/4″ x 5″ panel
- Whisper White – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Champagne Foil Sheets – Painted Labels die cut
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project:
Love this Amy 🙂 Great design
Thanks Karen! 🙂
This is so pretty!! Love the stripes and the touch of foil is so nice!
Thanks Akiko! 🙂
oh goodness, I love your color blocked background it’s absolutely fabulous
Thanks Sandi…it’s definitely bright! 🙂
THose stripes make a great background for the foil and embossing. Might just have to try that.
Thanks Julie! 🙂
Fun card – love how you used our colors and the sketch from GDP!! Well done!
Thanks Mary! 🙂
Oh, what a clever, cool card this is with the striped background…Love it!! Great take on the challenge!
Thanks Eva! 🙂