I made this card for a Split Coast Stampers Clean and Simple Challenge. It came together really fast, the part that took the longest was tying the bow!
To make this card you will need the following supplies:
- Card Stock: Gumball Green, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Gumball Green Core’dinations and Cherry Cobbler Core’dinations Card Stock
- Snow Festival Designer Series Paper
- Stamp sets: Snowflake Soiree & Make a Mitten
- Mitten Builder Punch
- Whisper White Baker’s Twine
- Argyle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- Delicate Designs Embossing Folders
- Gumball Green Stampin’ Emboss Powder
- Ink: VersaMark, Baja Breeze & Cherry Cobbler
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Stampin’ Sanding Block
I cut the Snow Festival DSP and Core’dinations Card Stock into various sized strips. To make the flag ends, I simply snipped the ends with a scissors. I embossed the Core’dinations Card Stock and sanded it, then I layered the flags on a piece of Baja Breeze Card Stock. I used the Merry sentiment from the Snowflake Soiree stamp set and I stamped it in VersaMark and heat embossed it with the Gumball Green Stampin’ Emboss Powder. I wrapped the Whisper White Baker’s Twine around the Baja Breeze card stock and adhered it to the back. Then I stamped and punched the two mittens and attached them with Stampin’ Dimensionals in the center of the flags. I tied a bow using the Baker’s Twine and adhered it with a rolled up Glue Dot. Finally I attached the Baja Breeze card front to a Gumball Green card base.
This card took about 15 minutes to make. I love the color combination in the Snow Festival Designer Paper, so bright and festive for the holidays! And one tip on using the Core’dinations Card Stock with an embossing folder: if you have trouble with the embossing getting too deep and tearing your card stock , run your embossing folders through your Big Shot using no tabs. I have had success with this method. Hope that helps you!