Today I’m sharing a thank you card that I made with the Frosty Friends stamp set from Stampin’ Up for the Mojo Monday #271 Sketch Challenge. I’ve got a little sneak peek from the 2013 Spring Catalog of the new Hearts a Flutter stamp set and Framelit Dies and anther scored edge that I made with the new Borders Scoring Plate too.
Here is the list of products that you will need to make this card:
- Frosty Friends (128117)
- Stylin’ Snowfolk (126285 wood, 126287 clear)
- Sassy Salutations (126705 wood, 126707 clear)
- Hearts a Flutter (available Jan. 3, 129249 wood, 129252 clear)
- Hearts a Flutter Framelits Dies (available Jan. 3, 130159)
- Large Scallop Edgelits (127019)
- Circles #2 Originals Die (114526)
- 2-3/8″ Scallop Circle Punch (118874)
- Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334)
- Simply Scored Borders Scoring Plate (available Jan. 3, 126192)
- Large Rhinestone Basic Jewels (129324)
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)
- Cherry Cobbler 1/2″ Seam Binding Ribbon (120992)
- StazOn Jet Black Ink (101406)
- Gumball Green Classic Stampin’ Pad (126861)
- VersaMark Pad (102283)
- Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Emboss Powder (122949)
- White Stampin’ Emboss Powder (109132)
- Snow Festival Designer Series Paper (126908)
- Gumball Green (126856), Primrose Petals (126856), Cherry Cobbler (119681), Pumpkin Pie (105115), Daffodil Delight (119677), Bashful Blue (119700), Crumb Cake (120967) Stampin’ Write Markers
- Cherry Cobbler Card Stock (119685)
- Gumball Green Card Stock (126840)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Stamping Sponges (101610)
- Heat Tool (129053)
- Paper-Piercing Tool (126189)
- Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack (126187)
- Stampin’ Pierce Mat (126199)
- Glue Dots (103683)
I started with a Cherry Cobbler card base and I layered a 5-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ panel of Snow Festival DSP over it. Then I cut a Gumball Green and a Whisper White circle using the Circles #2 Die. I stamped the little snowflakes from the Stylin’ Snowfolk stamp set in Gumball Green ink on the Gumball Green circle, then I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark ink and I sprinkled it with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. I punched a Cherry Cobbler scallop circle and layered that under the Gumball Green Circle and I layered the Whisper White circle under both. I adhered that to the lower part card base.
Then I went to work on the Snowmen. I stamped the image in StazOn Jet Black Ink on Whisper White Card Stock and colored it with my Stampin’ Write Markers. Then I trimmed the card stock to 4″ x 3″ and I pierced the edges using the Paper-Piercing guide and tool. I sponged the edges with Gumball Green ink and I adhered the image to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I finished the card by cutting a strip of Gumball Green Card Stock to 1-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ and I cut the bottom edge with the Large Scallop Edgelits Die. Then I embossed the edge using the new Simply Scored Borders Scoring Plate and wrapped a piece of Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon around the scalloped strip and I adhered it around the back. Then I adhered the scallop strip to the image. Next I stamped the Hearts a Flutter image using VersaMark ink, I sprinkled it with Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Emboss Powder and I heat embossed it. I cut the heart image with the Hearts a Flutter Framelit Die and I adhered it over the ribbon with Glue Dots. Finally, I added a Large Rhinestone to the center of the heart and three small Rhinestones under the sentiment.
Hoping that I’m giving you some ideas to get you started on your holiday thank you cards!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions.
- Visit my online store here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!