Today I’m sharing a card that I made for the Pals Paper Arts Sketch Challenge 151. I created this using the Wishes Your Way and the Make a Cake stamp sets from Stampin’ Up.
Here is the list of products that you will need to make this card:
- Make a Cake (126740 wood, 126742 clear)
- Wishes Your Way (129153 wood, 129156 clear)
- Patio Party Designer Series Paper (126916)
- Subtles Collection Designer Series Paper Stack (117152)
- Pinwheel Sizzlits S Die (129411)
- Circles #2 Originals Die (114526)
- 1-1/4″ Circle Punch (119861)
- Midnight Muse 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon (126847)
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)
- Silver 1/8″ Mini Brads (122941)
- Midnight Muse Card Stock (126843)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Midnight Muse Classic Stampin’ Pad (126860)
- Summer Starfruit Classic Stampin’ Pad (126991)
- Primrose Petals Classic Stampin’ Pad (126858)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Glue Dots (103683)
- Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
I started with a Midnight Muse card base cut to 4-1/4″ x 11-1/2″ and scored at 5-1/2″. Then I cut two panels from the Patio Party DSP, both measuring 2-1/8″ x 5-1/4″. I adhered the two panels together with SNAIL to create one large panel measuring 4″ x 5-1/4″, then I wrapped a strip of Midnight Muse Stitched Satin Ribbon around the center and adhered it with SNAIL. Then I cut two circles from Midnight Muse Card Stock using my Circles #2 die (largest circle and 2nd smallest circle) and I cut the 2nd largest circle from Whisper White Card Stock. I stamped the cake image from the Make a Cake stamp set in Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit and Midnight Muse on the Whisper White circle using my Stamp-a-ma-jig. I adhered the stamped circle to the larger Midnight Muse circle with SNAIL, then adhered it to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Next, I punched a 1-1/4″ circle from Whisper White Card Stock and I adhered it to the smaller Midnight Muse die cut with SNAIL, then attached it to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I cut a pinwheel using the Pinwheel Sizzlits S Die from the Baja Breeze sheet of the Subtles DSP Stack. I put the pinwheel together using a Silver Mini Brad and I adhered it to the center of the smaller layered circles with a Glue Dot. Next, I stamped the sentiment from the Wishes Your Way stamp set in Midnight Muse on Whisper White Card Stock. I trimmed the sentiment down to 5/16″ (okay, just over 1/4″) x 2-3/4″ and I layered it over a strip of Midnight Muse Card Stock cut to 1/2″ x 2-3/4″ and I adhered the strips together with SNAIL. I snipped the flag ends using my scissors, then adhered the banner to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals. To finish the card, I added a small rhinestone to the heart on the cake and to the center of the pinwheel.
One quick tip on creating the pinwheels, I find it much easier to put them together if you curl the part of the paper that’s got the little brad hole in it using either your finger or a bone folder before you start to assemble it. Then I place the brad through one of the curled corners and roll it toward the center. Then I take the next curled corner and roll it toward the center and place it on the brad. I do the same thing with the last two corners, then I push the brad through the center hole and secure it. The pinwheels go together really quickly!
I also ran a strip of the Patio Party DSP across the bottom of the card on the inside, you can see that in the photo below.
Don’t forget that the two Valentine Promotions end on Monday, click on my Promotions tab above to read all about them. And Sale-a-bration begins on Tuesday!! Hope that you’ve got your shopping lists ready.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions.
- I’ve got a January ordering special where you could win the Snow Much Fun stamp set! Click on my Rewards tab above to read all about it.
- Stampin’ Up has the My Little Valentine Promotion and the Valentine Treat Bundle going on now through January 21, click on my Promotions tab above to read all about it.
- Sign up for the new Stampin’ Up Paper Pumpkin where for $19.95 per month, you’ll receive a kit once a month that contains all the stamps, ink, paper, and accessories to create pinable projects. Create stuff like cards, journals, décor, and more! Click on the Paper Pumpkin picture on the right side of the screen to read all about it.
- Check out the new “Best Of” stamp sets for sale for $14.95. Click on my Promotions tab above or on the Best Of picture on the right of the screen to see more information.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!