Today I’m sharing a card using a couple of the Sale-a-bration items from the Annual Catalog that you can pick up for free with every $50 in product that you order. I created a faux quilted card front using the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate (SAB Item 132203), the sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Banners Stamp Set (SAB Item 132194 wood, 132195 clear) and the piercing around the heart was done with the Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack (SAB Item 132204).
Here is the list of products that you will need to create this card:
- Itty Bitty Banners (SAB 132194 wood, 132195 clear or Annual Catalog 126255 wood, 126257 clear)
- Full Heart Punch (119883)
- 3/4″ Circle Punch (119873)
- Hearts a Flutter Framelits Dies (130159)
- Bitty Banners Framelits (129267)
- Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334)
- Simply Scored Diagonal Plate (SAB Item 132203 or Annual Catalog 125586)
- Primrose Petals 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon (12644)
- Vanilla 5/8″ Flower Trim (126869)
- Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack (SAB 132204 or Annual Catalog 126187)
- Paper-Piercing Tool (126189)
- Stampin’ Pierce Mat (126199)
- Primrose Petals Core’dinations Card Stock (129322)
- Stampin’ Sanding Block (129367)
- Pearl Basic Jewels (119247)
- Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (117335)
- Primrose Petals (126856) & Pink Pirouette (119700) Stampin’ Write Markers
- Primrose Petals Card Stock (126841)
- Pink Pirouette Card Stock (111351)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Pink Pirouette Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill (111843)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Glue Dots (103683)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
I started with a Primrose Petals card base cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and scored at 4-1/4″. Then I cut a panel of Pink Pirouette card stock to 4″ x 5-1/4″ and I used my Simply Scored Diagonal Plate and ran a score line across the panel every 1 inch. I turned the panel 90 degrees and ran score lines the opposite direction every 1 inch to create the quilted look. Next, I punched out the big heart using the Full Heart Punch and I pierced around the edge using the heart template from the Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack. Then I wrapped the strip of Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon around the panel and adhered it with SNAIL. I adhered a piece of 2″ x 2-1/2″ Primrose Petals Core’dinations Card Stock that I’d embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder and sanded to the lower left area of the card base with SNAIL. Then I adhered the Pink Pirouette panel over the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Next, I cut the small heart from the Hearts a Flutter Framelits dies out of Primrose Petals Core’dinations Card Stock and I sanded the edges. Then I colored the sentiment from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set with my Stampin’ Write Markers, stamped it on Whisper White card stock and cut it out with the Bitty Banners Framelits. I adhered the sentiment to the small heart using SNAIL then I adhered the layered sentiment to the lower right card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. To finish the card, I tied a bow using the Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon and I adhered it with a Glue Dot. Then I adhered a small pearl at each intersecting line on the card front. Next, I mixed about 1 tablespoon of water with 3 drops of ink from the Pink Pirouette Ink Refill and I dipped one of the flowers from the 5/8″ Flower Trim in it. I let the flower dry completely, then I adhered it with a Glue Dot to a 3/4″ Circle that I’d punched out of Pink Pirouette card stock and I adhered the circle to the center of the big heart also using a Glue Dot.
A quick tip: When you’re applying pearls or rhinestones, use a pointed tweezer or the tip of your Paper Snips and push it under the adhesive part of the pearl/rhinestone. It will pop right off the sheet and stick to your tweezer or snips and you can use your tweezer or snips to place the pearl/rhinestone right on your project. It works much better then trying to pry them up with your fingers and the adhesive stays on the pearl/rhinestone rather then being stuck to the sheet. Plus you can see exactly where you are going to place the pearl/rhinestone when you use a tool.
It’s Sale-a-bration time! During Sale-a-bration, you earn free products from Stampin’ Up for every $50 that you order through my online store. Check out my Promotions tab above to read more about it and click on the Sale-a-bration link on the right side of the screen to see all of the great items that you can pick up for free!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. And I’ve got a January ordering special where you could win the Snow Much Fun stamp set! Click on my Rewards tab above to read all about it.