Today I’m sharing another valentine that I made using the Oh, Whale! stamp set from Stampin’ Up. I’ve also used two items that you can earn for free from Stampin’ Up during Sale-a-bration, the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate and the Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack. This also happens to be the color combination from the Pals Paper Arts 152 Challenge.
Here are the products that you will need to create this card:
- Oh, Whale! Stamp Set (129129 wood, 129132 clear)
- Happy Whale Clearlits Die (129403)
- Hearts a Flutter Framelits Dies (130159)
- Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack (Sale-a-bration Item 127540)
- Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334)
- Simply Scored Diagonal Plate (Sale-a-bration Item 132203, Annual Catalog Item 125586)
- More Amore Specialty Designer Series Paper (129309)
- Whisper White/Real Red Baker’s Twine (only available until February 14 with the Sealed with Love Simply Sent Kit 126923)
- Red Glimmer Paper (121790)
- Real Red Classic Stampin’ Pad (126949)
- Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ Pad (126981)
- Real Red Card Stock (102482)
- Pool Party Card Stock (122924)
- Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650)
- Primrose Petals Card Stock (126841)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Glue Dots (103683)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
I started with a Real Red card base cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and scored at 4-1/4″. Then I cut a panel of Pool Party card stock to 4″ x 5-1/4″ and I used the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate to make score lines every 1 inch, then I turned the panel 90 degrees and scored the card stock again every 1 inch to create the quilted background. I adhered the scored panel to the card base with SNAIL. Then I cut a panel of the More Amore DSP to 3-1/4″ x 3-3/4″, adhered it to a panel of Real Red card stock cut to 3-3/8″ x 3-7/8″ and adhered the layered panel to the card front with SNAIL. Next, I stamped the sentiment from the Oh, Whale! stamp set in Real Red ink on Very Vanilla card stock and I trimmed it to 1/2″ x 3-1/4″. I adhered the sentiment to the card front with SNAIL (leaving the left side loose) and I added a Pool Party Button from the Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack that I’d tied with a piece of the Real Red Baker’s Twine to the left side of the sentiment using a Glue Dot. Then I cut a scalloped heart using the Hearts a Flutter Framelits Die from Red Glimmer Paper. I adhered it over the sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals. To finish the card, I stamped the whale image in Basic Gray ink on Very Vanilla card stock, cut it out with the Happy Whale Clearlits Die and adhered it to the scalloped heart with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then I cut the heart from Primrose Petals card stock using the Happy Whale Clearlits Die and I adhered it over the whale image also using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I thought I’d show you a little different way to use the quilted background. It is so easy to do with the Simply Scored Diagonal Scoring Plate and I love that you can get the plate for FREE from Stampin’ Up with a $50 order during Sale-a-bration!
It’s Sale-a-bration time! During Sale-a-bration, you earn free products from Stampin’ Up for every $50 that you order through my online store. Check out my Promotions tab above to read more about it and click on the Sale-a-bration link on the right side of the screen to see all of the great items that you can pick up for free!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. And I’ve got a February ordering special where you could win the Blue Ribbon stamp set! Click on my Rewards tab above to read all about it.