Today I’m sharing what I’ll call a more “manly” valentine that I made using the new Best of Love stamp set from Stampin’ Up. I tried not to make it too frilly but I did add a little ribbon and a couple of rhinestones. The layout for the card was inspired by the Freshly Made Sketch #72. Here is the sketch:
And here is my card:
Here is the list of products that you will need to create this card:
- Best of Love stamp set (clear mount only 132987)
- Hearts a Flutter stamp set (129249 wood, 129252 clear)
- Hearts a Flutter Framelits Dies (130159)
- Small Heart Punch (117193)
- Full Heart Punch (119883)
- Vine Street Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (Sale-a-bration item 130492)
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)
- More Amore Specialty Designer Series Paper (129309)
- Pink Pirouette/Rose Red 1-1/4″ Two-Tone Ribbon (129294)
- Pink Pirouette Classic Stampin’ Pad (126956)
- Rose Red Classic Stampin’ Pad (126954)
- Pink Pirouette Card Stock (111351)
- Rose Red Card Stock (102544)
- Basic Gray Card Stock (121044)
- Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
I started with a Rose Red card base cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5-1/2″. Then I cut a panel of Basic Gray card stock to 4″ x 5-1/4″, cut it again so that 1/3 of the panel was one part and 2/3 of the panel was the other part and I embossed each of the panels using the Vine Street Embossing Folder. Next, I wrapped a piece of 1-1/4″ Two-Tone Ribbon around the seam and adhered it to the card stock panels with SNAIL. Then I cut a strip of Very Vanilla card stock to 7/8″ x 4″ and I stamped the sentiment from the Best of Love stamp set on it in Rose Red ink and I stamped it a second time about 1/8″ off from the original image in Pink Pirouette ink. I adhered the stamped strip to a piece of Rose Red card stock that I’d cut to 1″ x 4″, then adhered the layered sentiment over the ribbon with SNAIL. Next, I stamped the scalloped heart image from the Hearts a Flutter stamp set in Pink Pirouette ink on Pink Pirouette card stock, cut it out with the Hearts a Flutter Framelits Die and adhered it over the sentiment strip with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I punched a heart from the More Amore DSP using the Full Heart Punch and I adhered it to the scalloped heart using SNAIL. To finish the card, I punched two small hearts from Rose Red card stock and one small heart from Pink Pirouette card stock using the Small Heart Punch. I adhered the hearts to the card front using SNAIL and I added two rhinestones to the heart centers.
I was so excited to see two of my very favorite retired sentiments in the Best of Love stamp set this month! The Best of sets are $14.95 each and as a special incentive to collect the Best of stamps, Stampin’ Up is including a collector’s card and 25-year proof of purchase sticker with every Best of set. Collect six stickers, and send it in to redeem a FREE set of your choice valued up to $14.95! Stampin’ Up is releasing just one Best of stamp set per month, but all of the Best of sets will be available until March 31, 2014 and (if you collect at least six of the sets) you have until April 30, 2014 to redeem your free stamp set(s).
It’s Sale-a-bration time! During Sale-a-bration, you earn free products from Stampin’ Up for every $50 that you order through my online store. Check out my Promotions tab above to read more about it and click on the Sale-a-bration link on the right side of the screen to see all of the great items that you can pick up for free!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. And I’ve got a February ordering special where you could win the Blue Ribbon stamp set! Click on my Rewards tab above to read all about it.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!