Wow, I talk a lot!! Today is officially my 100th blog post. To celebrate, I’m offering some blog candy!! All that you need to do is leave a comment on this post by Saturday morning (February 16) about what your favorite Valentine Treat is and you’ll be entered to win. Your favorite treats can be as simple as the conversation hearts or something more extravagant like mine, a huge dessert. Anyone is welcome to leave a comment!
I have a huge sweet tooth so it’s a little hard for me to limit my favorite treat to just one, but if I had to pick I’d have to say that Jake’s Famous Chocolate Bag would probably top my list. There is a restaurant here in Portland called Jake’s Famous Crawfish and they have a signature dessert that is a dark chocolate bag (the entire bag is edible dark chocolate, yummy!!) that they fill with white chocolate mousse and top with blueberries, raspberries and blackberries…oh my, is that good! If you’re ever in Portland, it’s definitely worth the drive downtown to check it out.
Okay, enough about my favorite treat. Since this is an extra special post, I thought I’d put some extra special blog candy up for grabs:
The blog candy package includes:
- Simply Soft Clear Mount Stamp Set
- Daffodil Delight 1/4″ Grosgrain Ribbon
- Certainly Celery 1/4″ Grosgrain Ribbon
- Printed Designer Brads 2011-13 In Colors
Just leave a comment about your favorite Valentine Treat at the end of this post and you’ll be entered to win too! I’ll draw a random winner from all of the comments left on this posting by Saturday morning.
And now for the card that I’m sharing today. I made this card using the Everybunny and Bloomin’ Marvelous stamp sets from Stampin’ Up! The card was inspired by the Retro Sketches #50 Challenge. Here is the sketch:
And here is my card:
Here is the list of products that you will need to create this card:
- Everybunny Stamp Set (122705 wood, 122707 clear)
- Bloomin’ Marvelous Stamp Set (Sale-a-bration item 129651 wood, 129654 clear)
- Labels Collection Framelits Dies (125598)
- Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309)
- Honeycomb Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (129378)
- Vine Street Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (Sale-a-bration item 130492)
- Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper (Sale-a-bration item 127540)
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)
- Floral District Designer Series Paper (126919)
- Lucky Limeade (126856), Tangerine Tango (119702), Crumb Cake (120967) & Blush Blossom (100037) Stampin’ Write Markers
- StazOn Jet Black Ink (101406)
- Lucky Limeade Classic Stampin’ Pad (126984)
- Lucky Limeade Card Stock (122926)
- Tangerine Tango Card Stock (111349)
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Glue Dots (103683)
I started with a Tangerine Tango card base cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and scored at 4-1/4″. Then I cut a panel of Whisper White card stock to 4″ x 5-1/4″, embossed it with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder and adhered it to the card front with SNAIL. Next, I ran a small piece of Floral District DSP through the Big Shot with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder, snipped out a few of the little hexagons using my Paper Snips and adhered the hexagons with SNAIL randomly on the embossed panel. Then I cut a strip of Sycamore Street DSP to 1-1/4″ x 3-3/4″, adhered it to a strip of Tangerine Tango card stock that I’d cut to 1-1/2″ x 4″, then adhered the layered strips to the card front with SNAIL. Next, I stamped the sentiment from the Bloomin’ Marvelous stamp set in Lucky Limeade ink on a strip of Whisper White card stock that I’d cut to 1/2″ x 4″. I adhered the sentiment strip to a strip of Lucky Limeade card stock that I’d cut to 5/8″ x 4, then I snipped the flag end and adhered the layered sentiment to the card front with SNAIL. Next, I stamped the bunny image from the Everybunny stamp set on Whisper White card stock in StazOn Jet Black ink and I colored it with my Stampin’ Write Markers. I cut the image out with the smallest Labels Collection Framelits Die and I adhered it with SNAIL to a second (next size larger) die cut from Tangerine Tango card stock that I’d embossed using the Vine Street Embossing Folder and I adhered the layered image to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. To finish the card, I punched out the two little flowers from Lucky Limeade card stock using one of the Itty Bitty Shapes Punches and I placed a rhinestone in the center of each and I adhered the flowers to the card front using Glue Dots.
I thought that the Tangerine and Limeade colors were perfect for a “springy” card and they really stand out on the white background.
It’s Sale-a-bration time! During Sale-a-bration, you earn free products from Stampin’ Up for every $50 that you order through my online store. Check out my Promotions tab above to read more about it and click on the Sale-a-bration link on the right side of the screen to see all of the great items that you can pick up for free!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. And I’ve got a February ordering special where you could win the Blue Ribbon stamp set! Click on my Rewards tab above to read all about it.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!