Today I’m sharing a card that I made for the Pals Paper Arts PPA153 Sketch Challenge. I used The Open Sea and You Are Loved Stampin’ Up! stamp sets to create this card. Here is the sketch:
And here is my card:
Here is the list of products that you will need to create this card:
- The Open Sea (123030 wood, 123032 clear)
- You Are Loved (123777 wood, 123779)
- Ovals Collection Framelits Dies (129381)
- Artisan Embellishments Kit (129328)
- Natural 7/16″ Trim Ribbon (129287)
- Parker’s Patterns Designer Series Paper (131021)
- Natural Composition Specialty Designer Series Paper (126917)
- Not Quite Navy Classic Stampin’ Pad (126970)
- Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin’ Pad (126966)
- Not Quite Navy Card Stock (100867)
- Cherry Cobbler Card Stock (119685)
- Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650)
- Stamping Sponges (101610)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Glue Dots (103683)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
I started with a Cherry Cobbler card base cut to 5-1/4″ x 10-1/2″ and scored at 5-1/4″. I cut a panel of Not Quite Navy card stock to 5″ x 5″, stamped the background images from The Open Sea stamp set in Not Quite Navy ink and adhered the panel to the card front using SNAIL. Then I cut a strip of Parker’s Pattern DSP to 1-1/2″ x 5″ and adhered it to a strip of Cherry Cobbler card stock that I’d cut to 1-3/4″ x 5″. Then I wrapped a strip of the Natural Trim Ribbon around the strip and adhered it with SNAIL, then adhered the strip to the card front with SNAIL. Next, I stamped the sailboat image in Not Quite Navy ink on Very Vanilla card stock, cut it out with the Ovals Collection Framelits die and sponged the edges with Not Quite Navy ink. Then I cut a second oval from the Parker’s Pattern DSP using the next size up oval framelit, adhered it to the sailboat die cut with SNAIL and adhered the layered ovals to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Next, I cut a strip of Natural Composition DSP and two strips of Parker’s Pattern DSP to 1/2″ x 2-1/2″ and I used my paper snips to cut a flag end in each of the strips. I stamped the sentiment from the You Are Loved stamp set in Cherry Cobbler ink on the Natural Composition DSP, layered the DSP strips, adhered them together with SNAIL and then to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. To finish the card, I added the gold button from the Artisan Embellishments Kit to the left side of the sentiment using rolled up Glue Dots and a few tiny pieces of a Stampin’ Dimensional.
It’s Sale-a-bration time! During Sale-a-bration, you earn free products from Stampin’ Up! for every $50 that you order through my online store. Check out my Promotions tab above to read more about it and click on the Sale-a-bration link on the right side of the screen to see all of the great items that you can pick up for free!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. And I’ve got a February ordering special where you could win the Blue Ribbon stamp set! Click on my Rewards tab above to read all about it.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!