Today I’m sharing a card that I made using the Oh, Whale! stamp set from Stampin’ Up! for the Hand Stamped Sentiments Sketch Challenge #154. Here is the sketch:
And here is my card:
Here is the list of products that you will need to create this card:
- Oh, Whale! Stamp Set (129129 wood, 129132 clear)
- Happy Whale Clearlits Die (129403)
- Window Frames Collection Framelits Dies (129021)
- Circles #2 Originals Die (114526)
- Large Scallop Edgelits (127019)
- Houndstooth Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (123134)
- Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack (Sale-a-bration Item 132204, Annual Catalog Item 126187)
- Paper-Piercing Tool (126189)
- Stampin’ Pierce Mat (126199)
- Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Series Paper (126922)
- Marina Mist 3/8″ Striped Organdy Ribbon (129292)
- Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ Pad 126981)
- Marina Mist Classic Stampin’ Pad (126962)
- Pacific Point Classic Stampin’ Pad (126951)
- Melon Mambo Classic Stampin’ Pad (126953)
- Marina Mist Card Stock (119682)
- Pacific Point Card Stock (111350)
- Melon Mambo Card Stock (115320)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Glue Dots (103683)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
I started with a Pacific Point card base cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and scored at 4-1/4″. Then I cut a 2-1/2″ circle from Whisper White card stock using the Circles #2 Originals Die. I stamped the whale image from the Oh, Whale stamp set on Whisper White card stock in Basic Gray ink and I cut it out with the Happy Whale Clearlits Die. Next, I stamped the water spray image in Marina Mist, the wave image in Pacific Point and the sentiment in Melon Mambo ink on the Whisper White Circle. I adhered the whale die cut to the circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then I cut out a window frame from Pacific Point card stock using the 3rd die from the Window Frames Collection Framelits Dies, embossed it with the Houndstooth Embossing Folder and adhered it to the back of the circle with SNAIL. I set aside the whale image and began working on the background. From the Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP, I cut two strips of the wave paper to 1-1/2″ x 4″ and one panel of the whale paper to 2-1/2″ x 4″. Then I cut a panel of Marina Mist card stock to 3-1/8″ x 4″ and a panel of Melon Mambo to 3-1/2″ x 4″, trimmed the ends with the Large Scallop Edgelits die and pierced the scallop pattern using the templete from the Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack. Then I adhered the whale DSP panel to the Marina Mist panel with SNAIL. I adhered the Melon Mambo panel behind the Marina Mist panel with SNAIL and I adhered the two strips of the wave DSP to the Melon Mambo panel with SNAIL. Then I adhered a piece of the 3/8″ Striped Organdy Ribbon around the card front and adhered the decorated card front to the card base with SNAIL. To finish the card, I adhered the layered whale image to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and adhered a small bow under the image with a Glue Dot.
It’s Sale-a-bration time! During Sale-a-bration, you earn free products from Stampin’ Up! for every $50 that you order through my online store. Check out my Promotions tab above to read more about it and click on the Sale-a-bration link on the right side of the screen to see all of the great items that you can pick up for free!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. And I’ve got a March ordering special where you could win the It’s a Wrap Occasions stamp set! Click on my Rewards tab above to read all about it.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
Love, love, love this fabulous card…gotta get my little whale out and play! TFS!
Thanks so much Carol!
This card is adorable! I’m going to have to pull this set back out again 🙂
Thanks so much! This set is lots of fun to use.
Very Cute!!! Great use of the dsp and color
combo!!! Great texture!!! Great use of
the framelit dies!!! Thanks for playing
along with HSS, Diane
What a bright, happy card, and I love that the scallops from the sketch look like waves, too! Thanks so much for joining us at HSS 🙂 Erika
Thanks so much for your comments!
What a great card! So fun and the paper is perfect with that stamp. Thanks for playing with us this week at HSS.
Thanks so much!