I used the Best of Birthdays and Banner Greetings stamp sets from Stampin’ Up! to create my card today. I used a little of the new Simply Pressed Clay to make the flower, that stuff is so much fun! My card design was inspired by the Mojo Monday 295 Sketch and I picked out some bright colors, hope that you don’t need your shades!
I started by embossing a panel of Daffodil Delight with the Chevron Embossing Folder. I adhered the embossed panel to a panel of Tempting Turquoise with SNAIL, wrapped two strips of Gingham Garden Designer Washi Tape around the layered panel and adhered it to a Melon Mambo card base with SNAIL. Then I stamped the four cupcake images from the Best of Birthdays stamp set in StazOn Jet Black ink on Whisper White card stock, colored the images with my Stampin’ Write Markers and punched them out with a 1″ Square Punch. I adhered the cupcake images with SNAIL to 1-1/4″ squares that I’d cut from Tempting Turquoise card stock and embossed with the Stripes Embossing Folder. Then I adhered the layered cupcake images to a panel of Melon Mambo card stock with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
***Quick tip for inking up images when you only want to use part of the image and you only have an ink pad: Put a piece of blue painters tape over the part of the image that you don’t want stamped and ink up your image as you normally would. Then just pull off the painters tape and stamp!
I stamped the Banner Greetings sentiment in Melon Mambo ink on Whisper White card stock and cut it out with my Paper Snips, making sure that I left about 1/2″ extra on the left side of the sentiment so that I could attach my clay flower. I kneaded Tempting Turquoise ink refill into a small piece of the Simply Pressed Clay and I put it into the blossom clay mold. I let it dry overnight and I poped it out of the mold and covered it with Dazzling Details and I set it aside to dry. I also added Dazzling Details to the cupcake frosting. Once the Dazzling Details dried, I adhered the flower to the sentiment with Sticky Strip and the sentiment to the card front with doubled up Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I also stamped a cupcake image on the Whisper White panel inside the card. I colored it and added a touch Dazzling Details to the frosting too.
Stampin’ Up! products used to create this card:
Stamps: Best of Birthdays (132929 clear only); Banner Greetings (hostess 129711 wood, 129714 clear)
Punches & Embossing Folders: 1″ Square Punch (124094); Stripes Embossing Folder (123128); Chevron Embossing Folder (127749)
Embellishments: Simply Pressed Clay (130685); Buttons & Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay Molds (131272); Dazzling Details (124117); Gingham Garden Designer Washi Tape (129314)
Ink: StazOn Jet Black (101406); Melon Mambo Classic Stampin’ Pad (126948); Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight & Tempting Turquoise Stampin’ Write Markers (131259)
Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439)
Card Stock & Cuts: Melon Mambo (115320) – card base cut to 4-1/4″ x 8-1/2″ and scored at 4-1/4″, 2-5/8″ x 2-5/8″ square; Tempting Turquoise (102067) – 4-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ square, four 1-1/4″ x 1-1/4″ squares; Daffodil Delight (119683) – 4″ x 4″ square; Whisper White (100730) – four 1″ square punches, 5/8″ x 2″ strip
Adhesive: SNAIL Adhesive (104332); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Sticky Strip (104294)
Check out the video of the new Magnetic Platform for your Framelits and Edgelits Dies!
If you’re reading this in your email, you need to go to my blog to view the video. You can find the Big Shot Magnetic Platform (130658) on page 184 in your new catalog and it’s $39.95. This is pretty cool and it’s on my very long wish list!
Stamp With Amy K New Catalog Weekend Ordering Bonuses…Ending Tomorrow!
Check out my new catalog ordering bonuses for orders placed through Monday, June 3 at 11:50 PM MST:
- You can win a $100 Gift Certificate from me for any items that you’d like from the 2013-14 Annual Catalog! Here is how you can get entered to win:
- Place an order from my online store between 12:00 MST today and June 3 at 11:50 PM MST of $150 or more.
- Place an order from my online store between 12:00 MST today and June 3 at 11:50 PM MST for under $150 and use Hostess Code 7MC73PR4 (if your order is over $150, don’t apply the code since you’ll earn your own hostess benefits).
- Plus Bonus Running Shoe Rewards!!
- For every $50 in product that you order from my online store between 12:00 noon MST today through 11:50 PM MST on Monday, June 3, you will earn DOUBLE Running Shoe Rewards! So a $50 product order would earn you two rewards, a $100 product order would earn you four rewards, a $150 product order would earn you six rewards, etc. Check out my Rewards tab to read more about my Running Shoe Reward program.
If your order is under $150 and you’d like to be entered to win the $100 gift certificate, don’t forget to apply the hostess code to your order.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions.
Don’t forget about a few promotions going on through Stampin’ Up! (click on my Promotions tab above to read all of the details):
- 25% off three greetings stamp sets: Sassy Salutations, Sweet Essentials, Petite Pairs. Ends June 30!
- Retiring List Accessories up to 60% off while supplies last through June 3!
- 25% off select My Digital Studio content and print products through June 15!
Plus I’ve got a June ordering special where you could win the Fabulous Florets stamp set or a $25 gift certificate! Click on my Rewards tab above to read all about it.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!