I thought I’d share a little gift bag that I created this weekend. I used pieces from the Tag a Bag Bundle and the Label Something stamp set from Stampin’ Up! to make this gift bag. The Tag a Bag bundle includes 10 bags, 20 tags, 60′ of Baker’s Twine, 10 mini clothes pins, 40 Stampin’ Dimensionals and 5 Smoky Slate Self-Adhesive strips and it’s only $9.95! In case you missed the bundle, you can find it on page 158-159 of the Annual Catalog. I’m also giving you a sneak peek at the new Chevron Border Punch, which is available August 1 from the Holiday Catalog. My design was inspired by the Freshly Made Sketches #96.
I started by wrapping two of the Smoky Slate Self-Adhesive strips from the Tag a Bag Accessories Kit around the gift bag. I adhered the strips so that the very top and the very bottom were about 2 inches apart. Lining the bag up on my Grid Paper (item 130148 on page 177 of the Annual Catalog) made it easy to measure and apply the strips straight.
Then I wrapped a strip of Eastern Elegance DSP around the bag and adhered it with SNAIL. I punched 6 chevrons from Smoky Slate card stock using the Chevron Border Punch and I adhered them to the DSP with SNAIL. Then I cut a tag from Whisper White card Stock that measured about 1/4″ larger on all than the tag from the Tag a Bag Accessory Kit and I wrapped pieces the Smoky Slate self-adhesive strips around the edges so that it would match the border on the bag. I punched a circle in the Whisper White tag using the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack that matched the placement of the circle in the striped tag and adhered the tags together with SNAIL. I wrapped the Crushed Curry Baker’s Twine from the Tag a Bag Accessories Kit through the hole about 4 times and adhered it with tape to the back of the tag. Then I adhered the tag to the bag with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Next, I used the little arrows from the Designer Typeset Photopolymer stamp set to stamp and I stamped the images in Crushed Curry and Smoky Slate ink on the Crushed Curry tag and I adhered the tag to the bag front with SNAIL. I stamped the sentiment from the Label Something stamp set in VersaMark ink on a Crushed Curry panel, sprinkled it with Smoky Slate Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. I punched it out with Hexagon Punch and adhered it to a hexagon that I’d cut from Smoky Slate card stock with Stampin’ Dimensionals, then to the bag front with SNAIL. I finished the bag by typing a multi-loop bow from the Crushed Curry Baker’s Twine and adhering it to the bag front with a Glue Dot, then randomly adhering Rhinestones.
Stampin’ Up! products used to create this gift bag:
Stamps: Designer Typeset Photopolymer (132956); Label Something (130595 wood, 130598 clear)
Punches: Chevron Border Punch (Available August 1 – 132154); Hexagon Punch (130919); Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309)
Embellishments: Tag a Bag Bundle (131371); Smoky Slate Stampin’ Emboss Powder (129396); Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)
Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin’ Pad (126979)
Tools: Heat Tool (129053)
Card Stock & Cuts: Smoky Slate (131202) – six Chevron Border Punches, hexagon; Whisper White (100730) – 2-1/4″ x 4″ tag; Crushed Curry (131199) – Hexagon Punch; Eastern Elegance Designer Series Paper (130131) – 1-1/2″ x 1″ strip
Adhesive: SNAIL Adhesive (104332); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Glue Dots (103683)
A Few Reminders:
- The Buy 3 Get 1 Free DSP Promotion from Stampin’ Up! is ending on July 31 so make sure that you stock up soon! You can click here or on my Promotions tab above to read more about it.
- The Single Stamp Promotion from Stampin’ Up! is ending July 31 also. To see all of the single stamps available in my online store for just a few more days, click here or on the Single Stamps button on the right side of the screen.
- There is still time join my 2013 Holiday Catalog Share. You’ve got until Wednesday, July 31 to let me know if you’re interested in joining. As a side note, I found out that I can send you an invoice through Paypal that allows you to pay with either a credit card or your Paypal account. So if you don’t have a Paypal account and want to join, you still can! Simply choose the “pay with credit card” button when I send out your invoice! Click here or on the Holiday Catalog Share tab at the top of the page for more details.
- My Stamp With Amy K July Ordering Special is ending on July 31 too! If you place an order through my online store of $50 or greater, you are automatically entered to win one of two $25 Stampin’ Up! Gift Certificates from me! And check out my updated Rewards Program, I’ve made it even easier to earn free products!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions.
Don’t forget about the Buy 3 Get 1 Free DSP Promotion and the Pick a Kit Offer for New Demonstrators from Stampin’ Up! Click on my Promotions tab above to read all of the details.
Plus I’ve got a July ordering special where you could win one of two $25 gift certificates! Click on my Rewards tab above to read all about it.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!