I used two new stamp sets from the 2014-15 Stampin’ Up! Catalog to create my card today. I used the Traveler and Something to Say sets for my Retrosketches #116 inspired card.
I started by inking up the images from the Traveler stamp set (available June 2) in Soft Suede ink, stamping them off on scrap paper, then stamping them on a Very Vanilla panel. I adhered the stamped panel to an Old Olive panel with SNAIL, then to a Soft Suede card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the globe image from the Traveler stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (available soon) and colored it with my Coastal Cabana, Old Olive and Skin Tone Assortment Stampin’ Blendabilities Markers (available soon). I also used the Color Lifter (available soon) to add a few highlights to the globe too. Then I stamped the sentiment from the Something to Say stamp set (available June 2) in Soft Suede ink next to the globe, using my Stamp-a-ma-jig to help with placement.
I cut the stamped image out with a Circles Collection Framelits Die and layered it over a Soft Suede card stock circle that I’d also cut with a Circles Collection Framelits Die. I adhered the layered circles to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Because I wanted a longer, narrow sentiment strip I inked up half of the sentiment with Soft Suede ink and stamped it on a Very Vanilla panel. Then I inked up the second half of the sentiment and used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp it in line with the other half.
I adhered the sentiment strip to a strip of Soft Suede card stock with SNAIL, then used the larger of the two Circles Collection Framelits that I’d cut the circles with to cut the edges of the sentiment. I adhered the layered strip to the card front with SNAIL, then tied a piece of Linen Thread through an Old Olive Button and I adhered the button to the card front with a Glue Dot.
I stamped the images from the Traveler stamp set again, after stamping them off on scrap paper once, on a Very Vanilla panel to complete the inside of the card.
Because this is an non-standard size for a card (the finished card is 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″), I made a little envelope to fit it with the Envelope Punch Board and a panel of Very Vanilla card stock. I stamped one of the images from the Traveler stamp set on the outside of the envelope too.
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
May 16-31 Hostess Code: TB32WBNH
Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift! The free gift for May is your choice of 1-1/4″ Burlap Ribbon, 7/8″ Cotton Ribbon or Natural 5/8″ Chevron Ribbon.
Stampin’ Up! Clearance Rack Updated
Stampin’ Up! added a handful of new items to the Clearance Rack. It looks like some Stampin’ Write Markers, a few Valentine items, Pool Party Cut and Ready Card Bases and maybe a die or two? Go check out the great deals, they’re only available while supplies last. Click here to start shopping the Clearance Rack in my online store.
Stamp With Amy K 2014-15 Annual Catalog Shares
Do you want all of the great new items in the 2014-15 Catalog but can’t afford everything? I’m offering a DSP and Embellishment share! The share prices are:
- New DSP Share: $21.50 + $5 shipping by Priority Mail
- New Ribbon & Embellishment Share: $59.00 + $5 shipping by Priority Mail
- Both Shares: $80 and I’ll ship your shares for free!
You can see the full details on my 2014-15 Annual Catalog Shares page here. Let me know if you have any questions or if you’d like to join! To be included for this round of shares, sign up by Sunday, June 1!
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! May 27-June 2
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up!:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through June 2.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Stampin’ Up! retiring list has posted and items are available only while supplies last. Click here to head right over to my online store to start shopping.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this card:
- Soft Suede – 4-1/4″ x 8-1/2″ card base, Circles Collection Framelits die cut, 5/8″ x 4″ strip
- Old Olive – 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ panel
- Very Vanilla – 3-5/8″ x 3-5/8″ panel, Circles Collection Framelits die cut, 3/8″ x 4″ strip, 4″ x 4″ panel (inside card), 7-1/2″ x 7-1/2″ panel for envelope