I used the Painted Petals stamp set and a little of the Painted Blooms DSP from Stampin’ Up! to create a card to share with you for the Creative Blog Hop. I received an email from Jennie Maier from Jennie M’s Stampin Spot a few weeks ago nominating me for this hop, she found my gallery on Split Coast Stampers and asked if I wanted to join. I was so honored that she chose me and, of course, I said a big YES!! 🙂 Here is my project:
I started by adhering a panel from Painted Blossoms DSP (available Jan 6) to a panel of Rose Red card stock with SNAIL. Since the colors on this panel are fairly bold and I wanted a more muted look, I adhered a panel of White Vellum over the DSP. I used SNAIL to adhere the Vellum, but I only adhered it in the center so that the adhesive would be hidden by the stamped panel.
I stamped the flower images from the Painted Petals stamp set (available Jan 6) in Rose Red ink twice on a Whisper White panel. Then I inked up the stem images in Wild Wasabi and I stamped them under the flowers. I adhered the stamped panel to a panel of Rose Red card stock, then to the vellum panel with SNAIL.
I stamped the sentiment from the Painted Petals stamp set in Rose Red on a Whisper White panel, punched it out with the 1-1/4″ Circle Punch and I adhered it to a circle that I’d punched from Rose Red card stock with the 1-3/8″ Circle Punch, then to the card front with SNAIL.
I inked up the butterfly image from the Butterfly Basics stamp set (available Jan 6) in Soft Sky ink, then loaded up a Sponge Dauber with Pacific Point ink and I sponged the edges of the stamp. I stamped the images on Whisper White card stock, punched them out with the Bitty Butterfly Punch and adhered one with a Glue Dot near the flowers and the second with a Stampin’ Dimensional near the sentiment. I also added two Pearl Basic Jewels to the butterflies.
I wrapped a strand of Linen Thread around the panel three times and tied a little bow, then adhered the panel to Wild Wasabi card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the flower images from the Painted Petals stamp set in Wild Wasabi and Rose Red inks on a Whisper White panel inside the card.
Alright, in additional to sharing a project for the Creative Blog Hop, I’m also supposed to answer the following questions:
1. What are you working on? Right now I’m working on finalizing my 2015 Occasions Catalog Share order (trying to make sure that I don’t forget anything!!) as well as playing with all of my new goodies from the Occasions Catalog.
2. How does your work differ from others in your genre? I’m not sure that my work really differs from others in my genre. I tend to lean toward clean and simple but I occasionally throw in something that has lots of layers and details. My main goal is to always provide you with the details so that if you love my project, you can recreate it yourself!
3. Why do you create what you do? I create the cards and projects that I do because it gives me something fun to do in the evenings after my kids head off to bed. I’m not much of a sit in front of the TV person, so this is a fun way for me to keep my hands and my mind busy!
4. How does your creativity process work? I generally start with a sketch (thank goodness there are lots of them out there!!). I love using sketches because trying to figure out a layout for my card is usually half of the battle. Once I have the layout that I want to use, I dig through my pile of stamps and designer papers to find the ones that I think will work the best for the sketch. I also try to throw in a color challenge now and then…sometimes those are really difficult, especially if they aren’t my favorite colors, but I usually end up loving the final result!
Alright, on with the hop!! As a part of the hop, we are asked to nominate two bloggers to join in. I’ve nominated Heather Van Looy from Handcrafting With Heather and Sara Hoogendoorn from Simply Sara Stampin’. They both create fantastic cards, enjoy checking out their creations for the hop on January 12!!
You can find a complete list of supplies for this project , including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
January 1-15 Hostess Code: DKE9G34U
Use this hostess code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift for January is your choice of any item valued up to $8.95 in either the 2014-15 Annual Catalog or the 2015 Occasions Catalog!
Last Day to Join Stamp With Amy K – 2015 Occasions Catalog Shares
Today is the last day to join my 2015 Occasions Catalog share! I’m placing an order first thing tomorrow morning, January 6, and I’m going to 3-day ship it so I should be able to have the shares cut, bundled and in the mail to you around January 13.
You can see all of the details and find a sign-up form by clicking here or on my 2015 Occasions Catalog Shares page at the top. Let me know if you have any questions.
Year-End Closeout Sale Ending Today!!
The Stampin’ Up! Year-End Closeout Sale is ending today. Be sure to stop by to pick up those great deals while supplies last! Click here to go right to my online store to start shopping the deals now!
2014 Holiday Catalog Ending Today
The Stampin’ Up! 2014 Holiday Catalog is ending today as well. So this may be your last chance to be get the items from that catalog that are not being carried over. If you haven’t seen the carryover list, you can find it at the back of the new Occasions Catalog. Click here to go to my online store to shop the Holiday Catalog.
Stampin’ Up! 2015 Occasions Catalog and Sale-a-bration Start Tomorrow, Jan 6!
It’s my favorite time of the year…Sale-a-bration!!! Sale-a-bration starts tomorrow, along with the new 2015 Occasions Catalog. For every $50 in Stampin’ Up! products that you purchase (this includes any products…Annual Catalog items, online only items, Occasions Catalog items and even Clearance Rack items!!) between Jan 6 and Mar 31, you get to choose a free Sale-a-bration item from the brochure. There are 6 stamp sets, two Designer Series Paper packs, a ribbon & button pack and a Project Life Mini Card Collection that are all Sale-a-bration exclusive items. Plus you can also choose from 12 Stampin’ Blendabilities Markers packs that are currently in the big catalog. Yippee for free goodies!!!
In addition to getting the free goodies, if you place an order or host a workshop during Sale-a-bration where the total reaches $250, you will get an additional $25 in Host Dollars/Hostess Cash to spend! Double yippee for more free goodies!! 🙂
And if you’ve ever considered becoming a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, now is a great time! If you join during Sale-a-bration, you’ll pay $99 for your Starter Kit and you’ll receive $125 in Stampin’ Up! products of your choice (plus it will ship for free!!) AND you’ll get your choice of either a free Project Kit from the Occasions Catalog (Hello Life on page 6, Hooray It’s Your Day on page 16, Perpetual Birthday Calendar on page 17, Build a Bouquet on page 29 or So You on page 48) or your choice of any two Sale-a-bration items!! Check out more details about becoming a Demonstrator on my Join My Team page or drop me a note if you’ve got questions.
Let me know if you have any questions about Sale-a-bration, I’m happy to help you out!!
Last Day for This Weeks Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up!
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through January 5.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
- Wild Wasabi – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base
- Rose Red – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, 3-1/8″ x 4-3/8″ panel, 1-3/8″ Circle Punch
- Whisper White – 3″ x 4-1/4″ panel, 1-1/4″ Circle Punch, two Bitty Butterflies Punches, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- White Vellum – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel
- Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: