I used the Stampin’ Up! Reason for the Season stamp set and a little of the Home for the Holidays DSP to create my card for the Happy Stampers Blog Hop this week. We’ve got a sketch that Sandi provided to play along with and here is what I created with it:
Here is the sketch that we’re using this week:
And I also have a little bit of exciting news to share with you…I’ve finally set up my very own YouTube channel and posted my first video! It’s a short one showing you how I created the bow on this card…hope that you don’t notice my hands an voice shaking. Yikes!! 🙂 Here is the video (if you’re viewing this in your email, you may need to click over to my blog post to see the video link):
I started my card by adhering a panel of Home for Christmas DSP to a panel of Mossy Meadow card stock with SNAIL.
Then I adhered the bow that I’d made with Very Vanilla 1-1/4″ Subtle Stripes Satin Ribbon (watch my video here) with SNAIL to the layered panel, then adhered the layered panel to a Real Red card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the sentiment from the Reason for the Season photopolymer stamp set in Mossy Meadow ink on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock. I inked the poinsettia images in Real Red, Mossy Meadow and Delightful Dijon inks, stamped them on scrap paper twice, then stamped them over the sentiment image.
I cut the sentiment out with second largest of the Tags & Labels Framelits Dies and adhered it with SNAIL to a die cut from Mossy Meadow card stock with the largest die from that set. Then I adhered the sentiment to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the sentiment from the Versatile Christmas stamp set in Mossy Meadow ink on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock, then added the flower images from the Reason for the Season stamp set (stamped off twice as stated above) to finish the inside of the card.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what Shelagh Freemantle has created today.
- Sandi MacIver
- Amy Koenders – You Are Here
- Shelagh Freemantle
- Mary Deatherage
- Jari Francis
- Kristi Gray
- Heather Wright-Porto
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
October 16-31 Host Code: XR3BWDA4
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015 Holiday Catalog or 2015-16 Annual Catalog! See my Rewards page for full details.
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! Oct 27-Nov 2
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through November 2.
Backorder List From Stampin’ Up!
Stampin’ Up! has provided us with the list of items currently on backorder with their anticipated in-stock dates.
Currently, the following items are on BACKORDER; backordered items will be available on or before the date indicated:
- 139647: To You and Yours Shaker Cards Project Kit (506 backordered; 4,000 expected)
- 138281: Lots of Labels Framelits Dies (180 backordered; 336 expected. 336 more expected 6 November)
- 138288: Brick Wall Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (1,983 backordered; 4,680 expected)
- 139670: Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies (3,770 backordered; 1,536 expected. 4,896 more expected 1 December)
- 139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (15,978 backordered; 9,792 expected. 6,048 more expected 15 November; 4,248 more expected 1 December)
- 139639: Home for Christmas Designer Buttons (860 backordered; 2,016 expected)
- 139615: Real Red and Garden Green 1/8″ Striped Ribbon (812 backordered; 12,000 expected)
- 139622: Spider Web Paper Doilies* (2,369 backordered; 6,930 expected. 6,300 more expected 20 November)
*We recognize these are arriving after Halloween, so here are some great ideas for alternative uses.
- 139683: Curvy Corner Trio Punch (2,496 backordered; 3,000 expected. 4,740 more expected 4 January)
- 138283: Leaflets Framelits Dies (2,499 backordered; 912 expected. 5,040 more expected 1 December)
- 138309: Fine-Tip Glue Pen (5,459 backordered; 10,700 expected)
- 139666: Hearth & Home Thinlits Dies (7,604 backordered; 6,624 expected; 10,992 more expected 30 November)
- 139643: Reindeer Paper Clips (419 backordered; 10,368 expected)
- 138401: Gold Metallic Thread (194 backordered; 2,560 expected)
- 139638: Snowflake Elements (2,969 backordered; 15,120 expected)
- 138317: Corrugated Paper (65 backordered; 2,000 expected)
Sold Out and No Longer Available
- 140969: Witching Décor Project Kit
I will continue to post the updated list as Stampin’ Up! provides the to us, so be sure to check my blog before ordering to avoid frustration when items are unavailable.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
- Real Red – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base
- Mossy Meadow – 3-3/4″ x 5″ panel, Tags & Labels Framelits die cut
- Very Vanilla – Tags & Labels Framelits di cut, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper – 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: