I used the Stampin’ Up! Flurry of Wishes stamp set to create my card for the monthly Totally Techniques blog hop. This month we’re focusing on the faux silk technique…something that I’ve never tried before! Here is my card:
My card design was inspired by Retrosketches #189.
The colors for my card were inspired by Merry Monday #181.
I started by stamping the sentiment from the Flurry of Wishes photopolymer stamp set on a panel of Whisper White card stock in Pool Party ink. I embossed the panel with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder, punched the corner with the Curvy Corner Trio Punch and adhered it to a panel of Pool Party card stock with SNAIL.
I adhered the layered panel to a Thick Whisper White card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals, then punched two strips of Pool Party card stock with the Banner Punch and adhered them to the card front with SNAIL.
For the faux silk panel, I stamped the images from the Flurry of Wishes stamp set in Pool Party ink on a piece of tissue paper. I crumpled the tissue paper, then flattened it again, adhered it to a panel of Whisper White card stock that I’d covered with glue from a Glue Stick, then trimmed away the excess. I punched the corner with the Curvy Corner Trio Punch and adhered the stamped panel to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I added a little Dazzling Details glitter glue over the snowflake images and set the card aside to dry. I pulled a strand of Silver Cording Trim through one of the Snowflake Elements, tied a knot on the back, the tied a bow on the front and adhered it to the card front with a Glue Dot.
I stamped the sentiment from the Flurry of Wishes stamp set in Pool Party ink on a panel of Whisper White card stock, then inked the snowflake images in Pool Party ink, stamped them on scrap paper, then stamped them across the panel inside the card.
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Okay, on with the hop! Click the banner below to move forward to Lee Conrey’s fantastic project.
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of the participants in the Totally Techniques Blog Hop:
- Sandi MacIver
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen
- Amy Koenders <= You Are Here
- Lee Conrey
- Shelagh Freemantle
- Erna Logtenberg
- Heather Wright-Porto
November 16-30 Host Code: HGPZRAJK
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015 Holiday Catalog or 2015-16 Annual Catalog! See my Rewards page for full details.
Stampin’ Up!’s Online Extravaganza Going on Now!!
November 23-30, save up to 50 percent on select products during Stampin’ Up!’s week-long Online Extravaganza! To make it even better, there will be flash sales that last 24 hours on November 23 and November 30, the first and last days of Online Extravaganza. But remember: Online Extravaganza savings are only available while supplies last, so get them while you can!
See the Savings Now!
- Online Extravaganza Deals (PDF Download)
Stamp With Amy K Double Running Shoe Reward Special!
Along with the Online Extravaganza from Stampin’ Up!, I’m offering a little ordering special! All orders of $50 or greater (before shipping and taxes) placed through my online store from today through Monday, November 30 will earn double Running Shoe Reward Points*!! Let me know if you have any questions. Happy shopping!
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! Nov 24-30
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through November 30.
Backorder List From Stampin’ Up!
Stampin’ Up! has provided us with the list of items currently on backorder with their anticipated in-stock dates.
- 139638: Snowflake Elements (9,680 backordered; 15,120 expected)
- 140536: Home for Christmas Enamel Dots (3,669 backordered; 10,440 expected)
- 126995: Stampin’ Trimmer Cutting Blades (811 backordered; 4,224 expected)
- 135829: Tiny Treat Boxes (852 backordered; 3,024 expected)
- 139683: Curvy Corner Trio Punch (1,654 backordered; 4,740 expected)
- 139673: Woodland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (8,157 backordered; 9,792 expected) ***Only a few of these left, order very soon if you’d like to get one.
- 139618: Gold Cording Trim (2,928 backordered; 5,248 expected)
- 139620: Silver Cording Trim (1,233 backordered; 3,520 expected)
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Thick Whisper White – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base
- Pool Party – 3-3/4″ x 5″ panel, two 1/2″ x 1″ strips
- Whisper White – two 2-3/4″ x 4″ panels, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: