I used the Stampin’ Up! Birthday Blooms stamp set from the upcoming Occasions Catalog to create my card for the Happy Stampers blog hop. We’ve got a color challenge to play along with this week and this is what I created:
I saw Sandi’s card for our sketch challenge last week and loved it, so I did my own take on it with the colors this week. Here are the colors that we’re playing along with:
I started by stamping the image from the Birthday Blooms stamp set in VersaMark Ink on a panel of watercolor paper. I sprinkled the image with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it.
To create the watery background, I wet the entire panel of watercolor paper with my Aqua Painter and just water. Then I added a little Blushing Bride ink and I moved the ink around with my Aqua Painter until I got the look that I wanted, adding more ink as I needed it.
I used my Real Red and Soft Suede ink pads to add color to the flower and leaf images, then I used the level 1 setting on my Heat Tool to quickly dry the panel (not required, but it does speed up the drying process a lot). I stamped the sentiment from the Birthday Blooms stamp set in Soft Suede ink on the panel, then adhered it to a panel of Soft Suede card stock with Fast Fuse Adhesive and to a Real Red card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I added a single enamel glitter dot from the Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit to finish the card front.
I stamped the Birthday Blooms image in Real Red ink on a panel of Whisper White card stock inside the card.
Hope that those of you celebrating tonight have a safe and happy new year’s eve…see you all in 2016!! 🙂
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what Shelagh Freemantle has created today.
- Sandi MacIver
- Amy Koenders – You Are Here
- Shelagh Freemantle
- Mary Deatherage
- Jari Francis
- Kristi Gray
- Heather Wright-Porto
December 16-31 Host Code: X6Q7M3M6
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2015 Holiday Catalog or 2015-16 Annual Catalog! See my Rewards page for full details.
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! Dec 29-Jan 4
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through January 4.
Backorder List From Stampin’ Up!
Stampin’ Up! has provided us with the list of items currently on backorder with their anticipated in-stock dates.
- 140603: Big Shot Die Brush (3 backordered; 10,896 expected)
- 126995: Stampin’ Trimmer Cutting Blades (1,392 backordered; 6,688 expected) – will likely be delayed until February due to a quality issue
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Real Red – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base
- Soft Suede – 3-3/4″ x 5″ panel
- Whisper White – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Watecolor Paper – 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: