I used the Stampin’ Up! A Nice Cuppa stamp set to create my card for the monthly Totally Techniques blog hop. This month we’re focusing on the shaving cream technique and I created a quick photo tutorial to show you how this technique is done. You can see my tutorial here.
Here is my card:
My card design was inspired by Can You Case It #104.
And the theme for my card was inspired by Stamp Ink Paper #32. I went down the right side with heart, pink and bling.
I started by creating Pool Party and Melon Mambo marbled panels using the Shaving Cream Technique. I let them dry completely, then adhered the Pool Party panel to a panel of Basic Gray card stock with SNAIL and to a Bermuda Bay card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I cut a circle from Basic Gray card stock and from the Have a Cuppa DSP Stack with Circles Collection Framelits Dies, adhered them together, trimmed the edge off, then adhered them to the card front with SNAIL. I stamped the teacup image from the A Nice Cuppa photopolymer stamp set in Pool Party ink on a panel of Whisper White card stock and cut it out with the matching Cups & Kettle Framelits Dies.
I added a strand from the Pearl Basic Jewels to the teacup, then stamped the tag image from the A Nice Cuppa stamp set in Basic Gray Archival ink on the Melon Mambo marbled panel. I cut the tag and a heart from the panel with the Cups & Kettle Framelits Dies. I adhered the tag to a strand of Whisper White Baker’s Twine and then to the teacup with Glue Dots, then taped the strand to the back of the teacup. I adhered the teacup to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals, then adhered the heart with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
I stamped the sentiment from the A Nice Cuppa stamp set in Basic Gray ink on a panel of White Vellum, punched the end with the Hexagon Punch and adhered it to the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional. I adhered an Iced Rhinestone Embellishment over the Stampin’ Dimensonal on the sentiment banner, then added a Rhinestone Basic Jewel to the heart to finish it.
I inked the cup and heart images from the A Nice Cuppa stamp set in Pool Party and Melon Mambo inks, stamped them on scrap paper, then stamped them on a Whisper White panel inside the card.
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Okay, on with the hop! Click the banner below to move forward to Lee Conrey’s fantastic project.
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of the participants in the Totally Techniques Blog Hop:
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
- Amy Koenders – USA <= You Are Here
- Lee Conrey – USA
- Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
- Marine Wiplier – France
- Erna Logtenberg – Netherlands
- Heather Wright-Porto – USA
- Shannean Moncrieff – Australia
- Nadine Weiner – Germany
- Alison Solven – Canada
January 16-31 Host Code: WMGVH97W
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2016 Occasions Catalog or 2015-16 Annual Catalog! See my Rewards page for full details.
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! Jan 25-Feb 1
Here are this weeks Weekly Deals:
Click here to see the Weekly Deals from Stampin’ Up! in my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through February 1.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Bermuda Bay – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base
- Basic Gray – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, Circles Collection Framelits die cut
- Whisper White – two 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panels, Cups & Kettle Framelits die cut, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Have A Cuppa Designer Series Paper Stack – Circles Collection Framelits die cut
- White Vellum – 3/4″ x 3″ strip
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: