I used the Stampin’ Up! Jar of Love and Reason for the Season stamp sets to create my card for the Fab Friday 92 color challenge.
Here are the colors for Fab Friday #92:
The layout for my card was inspired by Retrosketches #223.
I started by adhering a panel of the This Christmas Specialty DSP to a panel of Cherry Cobbler card stock with SNAIL. I adhered a wide strip of This Christmas DSP to the panel with SNAIL and then adhered the layered panel to a Garden Green card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I cut a 1″ x 1-3/4″ strip of Cherry Cobbler card stock and rounded the top slightly to make the candle. I adhered the Cherry Cobbler card stock to a panel of Very Vanilla card stock and then stamped the flame image from the Sweet Cupcake photopolymer stamp set above it in Daffodil Delight ink. I drew a wick on the candle with the fine point on my Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker.
I stamped the jar image from the Jar of Love photopolymer stamp set in Basic Black Archival ink on a panel of White Vellum and cut it out with the matching Everyday Jars Framelits die. I turned the die cut jar face down over the Very Vanilla panel, lining the candle image up where it would be in the jar. I used a Sponge Dauber to sponge a little Daffodil Delight ink around the flame image on the back of the vellum panel to try to give it the appearance of a soft glow.
I adhered a strand of 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon across the jar die cut with Fast Fuse Adhesive and then adhered the jar to the Very Vanilla panel with SNAIL placed behind the burlap ribbon. I adhered the Very Vanilla panel to a panel of Cherry Cobbler card stock with SNAIL and then to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I die cut the sentiment from Gold Foil Sheets with Christmas Greetings Thinlits die and adhered it to the Very Vanilla panel with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
I stamped the poinsettia images from the Reason for the Season photopolymer stamp set in Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green inks on the corresponding card stock colors. I punched the images out with the Festive Flower Builder Punch and adhered them together and to the card front with Glue Dots.
I punched the flower centers with the Festive Flower Builder Punch from Daffodil Delight card stock and adhered them with touches of Multipurpose Liquid Glue. I added gold enamel dots from the Metallic Enamel Shapes pack to the flower center and in a few places on the background finish the card front.
I stamped the sentiment and flower images from the Reason for the Season stamp set in Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green and Daffodil Delight inks on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock inside the card. The flower images were stamped on scrap paper twice before stamping them over the sentiment to lighten the colors a bit.
You can find a complete list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Head on over to the Fab Friday challenge blog to see what the other design team members have created. Hope that you’ll play along too!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Garden Green – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base, Festive Flower Builder Punch
- Cherry Cobbler – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, 2-5/8″ x 4-1/8″ panel, 1″ x 1-3/4″ panel, two Festive Flower Builder Punches
- Daffodil Delight – two Festive Flower Builder Punches
- Very Vanilla – 2-1/2″ x 4″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel, 1-3/4″ x 5-1/8″ panel
- Gold Foil Sheets – Christmas Greetings Thinlits die cut
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: