This month, the Totally Techniques Design Team is creating projects featuring the beautiful Stampin’ Up! Thoughtful Branches stamp set and bundle. This awesome stamp set and bundle is only available for a few more days, so be sure to order yours soon! Here is my card:
My card design was inspired by Retrosketches #228.
I started by embossing a panel of Very Vanilla card stock with the Woodland Embossing Folder. I adhered the embossed panel to a panel of Rich Razzleberry card stock with SNAIL and then to a Soft Suede card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped a panel of Very Vanilla card stock with the leaf image from the Thoughtful Branches photopolymer stamp set using Rich Razzleberry, Delightful Dijon and Cajun Craze ink refills and the Baby Wipe Technique. If you aren’t familiar with this technique, I’ve got a tutorial for it that you can see here. I stamped some of the images on the panel full strength and some without reinking. I adhered the stamped panel to a panel of Rich Razzleberry card stock and then to the card front with SNAIL.
I adhered a panel from the Petals & Paisleys Speciality DSP (available Sept 1) to a panel from the Copper Foil Sheets (available Sept 1) and then to the card front with SNAIL. I punched the end of a panel of Very Vanilla card stock with the Banner Triple Punch and punched the other end twice with the 1/8″ Handheld Circle Punch to create the tag.
I stamped the tree and ground images from the Thoughtful Branches stamp set in Soft Suede and Mint Macaron inks on the tag. I used the same baby wipe from the larger leaf image to stamp the leaves on the trees. I stamped the sentiment in Rich Razzleberry ink and the sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink. I pulled apart a strand of the Kraft Rope Trim (available Sept 1) and threaded one of the pieces through the tag and tied a knot. I adhered the tag to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the tree and leaf images from the Thoughtful Branches stamp set in the same way that I did the tag on a Very Vanilla panel inside the card.
You can find a list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Okay, on with the hop! Click the banner below to move forward to Shelagh Freemantle’s fantastic project.
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of the participants in the Totally Techniques Blog Hop:
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
- Amy Koenders – USA <= You Are Here
- Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
- Shannean Moncrieff – Australia
August 15 – 31 Host Code: YYD7DFJ4
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $8.00 in the 2016 Holiday Catalog or the 2016-17 Annual Catalog! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Soft Suede – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base
- Rich Razzleberry – 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel, 1-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ panel
- Very Vanilla – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ panel, 1-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ panel, 2″ x 4-1/2″ panel (tag), 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Petals & Paisleys Specialty Designer Series Paper – 1-3/4″ x 4-3/4″ panel
- Copper Foil Sheets – 1-7/8″ x 4-7/8″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: