I used the Stampin’ Up! High Tide stamp set to create my card for the monthly Totally Techniques blog hop. This month we’re focusing on the reflection technique. Here is my project:
The birds on my card were inspired by Global Design Project #GDP075.
I started by adding a little Soft Sky ink with an Aqua Painter all over a panel of Shimmery White card stock. I let the panel dry completely and then stamped the sand and water images from the High Tide photopolymer stamp set in Soft Suede and Bermuda Bay inks over the watercolor wash background.
I used an Aqua Painter and just water wash over the images and move a bit of the Soft Suede and Bermuda Bay inks around. I let the panel dry again and then stamped the grass images from the High Tide stamp set in Pear Pizzazz ink and the sun image in Daffodil Delight ink.
I stamped the bird image from the High Tide stamp set in Early Espresso ink over the water area. I inked the image again in Early Espresso ink and stamped it on the plastic sheet from my Stamp-a-ma-jig. I turned the Shimmery White panel upside down and placed the plastic sheet under the bird images, using their legs to line them up. I pressed down on the plastic sheet to transfer the Early Espresso ink from the sheet to the Shimmery White card stock panel.
I adhered the stamped panel to a panel of Soft Suede card stock and then to a panel of Daffodil Delight card stock with SNAIL. I cut the sentiment from Bermuda Bay Glimmer Paper from the Sale-a-bration exclusive Glimmer Paper Assortment Pack with the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits die and then adhered it with Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the card front. I wrapped a strand of Linen Thread around the panel, tied a bow and then adhered the layered panel to a Bermuda Bay card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the sentiment from Sunshine Sayings stamp set in Bermuda Bay ink and then added the sand and bird images from the High Tide stamp set in Soft Suede and Early Espresso inks on a panel of Shimmery White card stock inside the card.
You can find a list of supplies, including card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this post.
Okay, on with the hop! Click the next button to move forward to Shelagh Freemantle’s fantastic project. Or click the previous button to move back to Patrice Halliday-Larsen.
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of the participants in the Totally Techniques Blog Hop:
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
- Amy Koenders – USA <= You Are Here
- Shelagh Freemantle – Canada
- Shannean Moncrieff – Australia
- Nadine Weiner – Germany
- Zoe Tant – UK
- Barbara Meyer – Australia
- Mathilde Kortekaas – Netherlands
February 16 – 28 Host Code: 62TSXPX7
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2017 Occasions Catalog or the 2016-17 Annual Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Bermuda Bay – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base
- Daffodil Delight – 3-3/4″ x 5″ panel
- Soft Suede – 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ panel
- Shimmery White – 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Glimmer Paper Assortment Pack – Sunshine Wishes Thinlits die cut
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: