I used the Stampin’ Up! Gather Together and Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp sets to create my card for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop. We’ve got a sketch challenge this week and this is what I made for it.
Here is the sketch that we’re using this week:
The theme for my card was inspired by The Paper Players PP506. I went across the top, diagonal from upper left to lower right and down the right side. 🙂
I started by stamping the leaf image from the Gather Together stamp set in Sahara Sand ink across a panel of In Good Taste DSP. I cut a panel of the Brushed Metallic Cardstock with the border die from the Peony Dies and then I adhered the die cut to the back of the DSP panel with Stampin’ Seal. I adhered the DSP panel to the front of a Thick Whisper White card base with Stampin’ Seal.
I adhered a length of Early Espresso 1/4″ Faux Suede Trim in a “z” to the front of the card with Stampin’ Seal. I stamped the sentiment from the Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set in VersaMark Ink on a panel of Whisper White card stock, sprinkled it with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and then heat embossed it. I cut the sentiment out with one of the Stitched Rectangle Dies and then adhered it with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the card front. I added a Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewel near the sentiment to finish the card front.
I stamped the sentiment from the Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set in Early Espresso ink and the leaves from the Gather Together stamp set in Sahara Sand ink on a panel of Whisper White card stock to finish the inside of the card.
Since this was such a quick card to create, I made a few more with different woodgrain panels from the In Good Taste DSP! I stamped the leaves from the Gather Together stamp set in Soft Suede ink for this set of cards.
I used Crumb Cake ink to stamp the leaves on the DSP panel on the left and the card on the right is the card shown above with Sahara Sand ink.
Happy to have 4 more fall birthday cards to add to my stash!
You can see a list of supplies used to create this card, including the card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this blog post.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what Mary Deatherage has created today.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
- Amy Koenders – You Are Here
- Mary Deatherage
- Kristi Gray
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Karen Finkle
- Akiko Sudano
- Karen Ksenzakovic
- Julie Johnston – welcome back to the hop Julie!! 🙂
I’ve created a printable PDF with written instructions and a list of products used to create this card. You can download, print and/or save it by clicking this image:
September 1-15 Host Code: APMBPUJG
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2020-21 Annual Catalog or August-December 2020 Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
Stampin’ Up! Get & Go Starter Kit Promotion – September 1-30!
The Get & Go Starter Kit promotion gives those who sign up to be a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator additional products to help get started right away! In addition to the already great valued Starter Kit, you will receive precut paper, stamps, and embellishments to use either in your first event or to create a stash of pretty cards to share!
Here are the details:
- Promotion Dates: September 1–30, 2020
- Joining Deadline: September 30, 2020; 11:50 PM (MT)
- New demonstrators who submit their Independent Demonstrator Agreement (IDA) before 1 September or after 30 September will not be eligible for this promotion.
- In addition to the regular starter kit (for $99 you choose $125 worth of products), if you join between September 1 and 30, you will also receive enough card stock pieces to make 16 cards, a pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels, the So Much Love stamp set, and the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set!!
- 8 packs of precut card stock of the coastal cabana pack will be provided, and 8 packs of precut card stock of the Granny Apple Green pack, for a total of 16 cards (packs include envelopes).
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
This is such a great deal! For $99, you get to pick $125 merchandise of your choice for your Starter Kit plus you’ll get the Queen Annes’ Lace and So Much Love stamp sets, card kits to create 16 cards and a pack of Rhinestones for free!!
Drop me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about joining, I’m happy to chat. You can also see more information about the benefits of becoming a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator here.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
- Follow me on:
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Thick Whisper White – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″
- Whisper White – Stitched Rectangle die cut, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper – 3-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ panel
- Brushed Metallic Cardstock – 1″ x 5-1/2″ strip
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project:
Awesome cards Amy 🙂 Love how you stamped on the different woodgrain DSP. Perfect masculine card too. Love everything about these cards
Thanks Karen! 🙂
So pretty Amy! Love the touches of foil and the leaf stamping against the wood grained background!😊
Thanks Akiko! 🙂
This is a great idea! Perfect fall cards – off to make a few!
Thanks Linda! Happy stamping! 🙂
Love them all, especially the lighter wood grain. I always forget to stamp on DSP and cut out borders.
Thanks Karen! 🙂
You KNOW I love these cards. Most of my favorites…wood, leaves, metallic. Just missing trees and plaid! 🙂
The woodgrain is the perfect background for these leaves. Love all of them.
Thanks Julie! 🙂
oh my goodness, stamping on that woodgrain paper is just fabulous, what an awesome idea and such beautiful cards
Thanks Sandi! 🙂
A very beautiful card. thank you for sharing it.
You’ve done it again—made clean and simple look elegant and beautiful! I love the stamping on the wood grain paper and the ribbon treatment. Very classy looking. TFS.
Thanks Susan! 🙂
Wow! I love that design! Beautiful, Amy.
Thanks Donna! 🙂
Love both these cards so much, Amy! Gorgeous! 🙂
Thanks Mary! 🙂
What a lovely CAS design Amy! Love the tone on tone stamped leaves with the lovely touch of the scallop border! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!
Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment! 🙂
I LOVE the wood grain paper paired with the Brushed Metallics edge, Amy! This is a great design – simple and classy! Thank you for playing in my Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge at The Paper Players!
Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment! 🙂