I used the Stampin’ Up! Peaceful Deer stamp set bundle from the upcoming July-December 2021 Mini Catalog to create my project for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop. We’ve got a theme challenge this week and this is what I made for it.
Here is the theme that we’re using today:
I started by adhering a panel from the Peaceful Prints DSP (Sale-a-bration item available August 3) to the front of a Real Red card base with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Then I cut another panel of the Peaceful Prints DSP with one of the Stitched Rectangle Dies and then stamped the tree image from the Peaceful Deer photopolymer stamp set (available August 3) in Garden Green ink across the panel.
I adhered the die cut panel to a panel of Early Espresso card stock with Stampin’ Seal and then to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I punched two deer from the Peaceful Prints DSP with the Deer Builder Punch and then adhered them to the card front with Mini Glue Dots. The Peaceful Prints DSP has deer that face both ways on it, here is a simple trick that I found in a video by DIY Diva:
Fold a panel of vellum in half and punch the deer image from the folded panel.
Cut a strip of DSP from the Peaceful Prints DSP and place the folded vellum around the “reverse” deer image.
Hold the vellum in place (secure it with Post-It Notes if needed) and flip the panel over. Use a pencil to trace around the deer image on the reverse side.
Line up the traced deer in the Deer Builder Punch and punch it out.
A quick and easy way to get double the deer punches with no fussy cutting!
I adhered a length of Early Espresso 1/4″ Faux Suede Trim to the card front in a “z” with Stampin’ Seal. I stamp the sentiment from the Peaceful deer stamp set in Early Espresso ink on a panel of Basic White card stock and then cut around the sentiment with one of the Tasteful Labels Dies. I adhered the die cut sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the card front and then add three Rhinestone Basic Jewels to finish the card front.
I stamped the sentiment and tree image from the Peaceful Deer stamp set in Early Espresso and Garden Green inks on a panel of Basic White card stock and then added a strip of Peaceful Prints DSP to finish the inside of the card.
You can see a list of supplies used to create this project, including the card stock cuts, at the very bottom of this blog post.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what Mary Deatherage has created today.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
- Amy Koenders – You Are Here
- Mary Deatherage
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Karen Finkle
- Akiko Sudano
- Karen Ksenzakovic
I’ve created a printable PDF with written instructions and a list of products used to create this project. You can download, print and/or save it by clicking this image:
July 1-15 Host Code: 9QYKUURU
July 16-31 Host Code: 7ZSC63ZX
Use this host code when you order $50 or greater and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2021-22 Annual Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
***Make sure that you can see my name on the final checkout page listed as your Demonstrator when you order so that you know that you’re ordering with me and you’ll get my rewards!
UPDATE: ETCHED IN NATURE STAMP SET
Stampin’ Up! provided us with the following update about the Etched In Nature stamp set yesterday:
After final review, it has been decided that because the Etched in Nature Stamp Set (item 155463) performs below expectation, it will not be reactivated for sale. Although this stamp set will remain printed on page 101 of the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog, it will not be available to order during the catalog period. We’re sad to see this one go, but it’s important that our products perform to expectation. Thank you for your patience as we’ve completed our review.
So sorry to those who have been waiting for this stamp set, it won’t be available after all.
SAVE 15% ON DESIGNER SERIES PAPER JULY 1 – AUGUST 2!
We all love gorgeous Designer Series Paper, and during this incredible sale, you can enjoy a 15% discount on select papers from the 2021–2022 Annual Catalog! July is a great time to stock up and save on some of Stampin’ Up!’s most popular paper designs!
- Sales Period: July 1 – August 2
- All order types qualify for this promotion.
- There is no limit to how many packages of Designer Series Paper may be purchased during this promotion.
- Only select Designer Series Papers are available at a 15% discount during this promotion.
- Orders must be placed—and closed—during the promotion period for the 15% discount to apply.
- Designer Series Paper ordered as part of a Starter Kit or with Stampin’ Rewards qualify for the 15% discount.
- Order Deadline: August 2, 2021 at 11:59 PM (MT)
Click here to head over to the online store to start shopping the sale papers now!
You can see the pretty papers that are included in this sale on this flyer (click the image to open a full-size printable flyer):
Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here. Or scan the QR code below to go right to my online store via mobile device:
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
- Follow me on:
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Real Red – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″
- Early Espresso – 3-1/2″ x 4-7/8″ panel
- Basic White – Tasteful Labels die cut, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Peaceful Prints Designer Series Paper – 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ panel, two Deer Builder punches, Stitched Rectangle die cut, 5/8″ x 4″ strip (inside card)
Stampin’ Up! products used to create this project: