Today I’m sharing the card that I made for the Mojo Monday 272 Sketch Challenge using the Love Heart individual stamp. I’m giving you another sneak peek at some new items from the 2013 Spring Catalog from Stampin’ Up too!
Here is the list of products that you will need to make this card:
- Love Heart – Single Stamp (132334)
- Loving Thoughts (125843 wood, 125845 clear)
- Papillon Potpourri (123757 wood, 123759 clear)
- Hearts a Flutter (available Jan. 3, 129249 wood, 129252 clear)
- Hearts a Flutter Framelits Dies (available Jan. 3, 130159)
- Whisper White Baker’s Twine (124262)
- Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334)
- Simply Scored Borders Scoring Plate (available Jan. 3, 126192) to create the scallop embossed background
- Paper-Piercing Tool (126189)
- Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack (126187)
- Stampin’ Pierce Mat (126199)
- Full Heart Punch (119883)
- Bitty Butterfly Punch (available Jan. 3, 129406)
- Pool Party Stampin’ Emboss Powder (available Jan. 3, 129398)
- Melon Mambo Stampin’ Emboss Powder (123223)
- VersaMark Pad (102283)
- Heat Tool (129053)
- Melon Mambo Classic Stampin’ Pad (126948)
- Pretty In Pink Card Stock (100459) 1 piece cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ and 1 piece cut to 2″ x 4-3/8″
- Melon Mambo Card Stock (115320) 1 piece cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and scored at 4-1/4″, plus die cut heart
- Pool Party Card Stock (122924) for Hearts a Flutter die cuts
- Whisper White Card Stock (100730) for Full Heart Punch and Bitty Butterfly Punches
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430) placed under each of the 3 hearts and under the 2″ x 4-3/8″ pierced panel
- Glue Dots (103683) rolled up and used to adhere the Baker’s Twine bow
Did you notice that there is a new butterfly punch to match the Papillon Potpourri stamp set? This little punch also layers nicely with the Elegant Butterfly Punch (127526) from the Annual Stampin’ Up catalog. And don’t forget, the single stamps (like the Love Heart stamp that I used here) are only available through January 2, 2013 so make sure that you order yours soon. You can see all of the single stamps available from Stampin’ Up by clicking on the Single Stamps button on the right side of the page.
And now for the fun part…some Blog Candy!!
Here is my question, I’ve changed the format of my blog posts so that they’re not so wordy. Do you like the new format or do you prefer the old version where I gave you a description of how I created the card or do you prefer something different all together?
Just looking for some input from you on what you like or don’t like. It’s hard for me to know how much information is too much. I remember back when I first started stamping that I’d get frustrated when I had no idea how to recreate what I’d seen, but I don’t want to overwhelm you with too many details that you don’t need or want either. I’ve added a Tutorial page (you can see that by clicking the Tutorial button on the top of my blog) where you’ll be able to see details on how I create some of the items that I think are easier to figure out how to make if you can see them in process or those things that you ask for a tutorial on. And I’ll put a link in the original blog post that will send you right to the tutorial for that item… At least that’s the plan until I hear back from you!
Oh yeah, guess you’ll want to know how this blog candy thing will work. Leave me a comment on my blog post today regarding which post format you prefer before 7:00 AM PST tomorrow (Wednesday, December 19, 2012) and you’ll be entered to win a package of Rhinestone Basic Jewels! I’ll choose the winner using a Random Number Generator and I’ll announce the winner on Wednesday. Thanks in advance for your comments, I’m trying to make my blog a place that you’ll want to continue to visit!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Don’t forget about my December ordering special. You could win the Button Buddies stamp set! Click on my Rewards tab above to read all about it.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack Blitz here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
i like the way you describe how you make the cards…love your blog
goes with my earlier comment ugh slip of the hand
As someone new to stamping, I like that you explain the “how-to” also. I think having a link to the tutorial to describe the techinque you use is a good compromise – not too much info for the more experienced person, but someone like me can still get the information I need. Thank you!
I prefer your description, AND the list of ingredients! Thanks for asking and I really like your blog. I found it just recently and it’s great!
Just correcting my email address. My iPad typed it wrong. Grin!