I used the Add a Little Glitz stamp set and the Swirly Snowflakes Thinlits Dies from the upcoming Stampin’ Up! 2017 Holiday Catalog to create my card for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop today. We’ve got a sketch challenge this week and this is what I created for it.
Here is the sketch that we’re using this week:
I started by cutting panels from the Quilted Christmas 6×6 DSP (available Sept 1) with the edge die from the Swirly Snowflakes Thinlits Dies (available Sept 1). Then I cut panels of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper with the intricate snowflake edge die from the Swirly Snowflakes Thinlits Dies. I’d applied Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets to the back of the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper before cutting it, so I adhered the die cut pieces together with that adhesive and then to the card front with SNAIL.
I stamped the sentiment from the Add a Little Glitz stamp set (available Sept 1) in VersaMark ink on a panel of Wood Textures DSP, sprinkled it with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. I adhered the stamped panel to a panel of Whisper White card stock with SNAIL, then wrapped a strand of Garden Green 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon around the panel and tied a bow.
I adhered the layered panel to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and then tucked one of the Year of Cheer Embellishments (available Sept 1) under the bow, adhering it with a rolled up Glue Dot. I added a single gold enamel dot from the Metallic Enamel Shapes pack to finish the card front.
I stamped the sentiment from the Snowflake Sentiments stamp set (available Sept 1) in Real Red ink and the snowflake image under it in Garden Green ink on a Whisper White card stock panel inside the card.
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what Shelagh Freemantle has created today.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
- Amy Koenders – You Are Here
- Shelagh Freemantle
- Mary Deatherage
- Jari Francis
- Kristi Gray
- Jaimie Babarczy
August 16-31 Host Code: Y7APQUE4
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2017-18 Annual Catalog OR 2017 Holiday Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets! See my Rewards page for full details.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!
- In addition to my online store, also take PayPal payments for orders – Check my Rewards page for more information.
- I offer gift certificates for Stampin’ Up! merchandise too! Click on my Gift Certificates page for more information.
Card stock cuts for this project:
- Crumb Cake – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base
- Whisper White – 2″ x 5-1/2″ panel, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel (inside card)
- Quilted Christmas 6×6 Designer Series Paper – two Swirly Snowflake Thinlits Die cuts
- Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper – two Swirly Snowflake Thinlits Die cuts
- Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack – 1-3/4″ x 5-1/2″ panel
Stampin’ Up! items used to create this project: