I pulled out the new Festive Flurry stamp set and Framelits Dies from Stampin’ Up! to create my card share today. I think this is the first card that I’ve ever made that I’d have to ship in a box!! The snowflake was actually pretty easy to make and if you don’t want to have to send it in a box, you could use it alone as a gift tag. I am putting the directions to make this in my Tutorials tab so if you want to come back and look, you should be able to easily find it.
My card design was inspired by the My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge 134.
I started by embossing a panel of Pool Party Core’dinations card stock with the Northern Flurry Embossing Folder, sanding the raised areas and adhering it to a Whisper White panel with SNAIL. Then I adhered a panel of Pool Party DSP from the Subtles DSP Stacks to the Whisper White panel with SNAIL.
I stamped the sentiment from the More Merry Messages stamp set in VersaMark ink on the Core’dinations panel, sprinkled it with Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. Then I wrapped a piece of Whisper White 5/8″ Organza Ribbon around the seam, adhered it with SNAIL, then adhered the panel to an Island Indigo card base with SNAIL.
I stamped two of the largest snowflake image from the Festive Flurry stamp set in Island Indigo ink on a Whisper White panel and cut them out with the Festive Flurry Framelits Die. I scored both of the snowflakes from the top to bottom on each of the longest points.
Then I turned the snowflakes over and scored them across each of the shorter points from top to bottom.
I used my Paper Snips to cut one of the shorter points on each of the snowflakes from the point to the center.
Then I fan folded both of the snowflakes.
I adhered the snowflakes together on both sides by applying SNAIL to the back of the “valley” fold (both side of the V shape in my hand) on each end.
Then I lined the two snowflake edges up and pressed down.
This is a picture to show you the finished side adhered together. You can see the seam that runs along the lower point to the right of center. Then it was time to start assembling the snowflake. I cut a circle from Brushed Silver card stock using the second largest regular circle die in the Circles Collection Framelits and I cut a circle from Island Indigo card stock using the largest regular circle die in the Circles Collection Framelits. I adhered the two circles together, then to the card front with SNAIL.
I placed Glue Dots in the center and on every other V on the large snowflake and I adhered the snowflake to the center of the layered circles. Then I stamped the two smaller snowflake images in Pool Party, Island Indigo and VersaMark ink. I sprinkled the image stamped in VersaMark with Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. Then I cut the Pool Party and Silver snowflakes out with the Festive Flurry Framelits Dies and I cut the center of the Island Indigo snowflake out with my Paper Snips.
I adhered the three snowflakes together with SNAIL, then added a Silver Glimmer Brad to the center. I adhered the layered snowflakes to the folded snowflake by stacking 4 Stampin’ Dimensionals one on top of the other, then pressing the layered snowflakes onto the folded one. I finished the card front by tying a bow from the Whisper White 5/8″ Organza Ribbon and adhering it with a Glue Dot.
I finished the inside of the card by stamping the sentiment from the More Merry Messages and the smallest snowflake image in Island Indigo, Pool Party and VersaMark ink on a Whisper White panel. I sprinkled the VersaMark stamped images with Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heat embossed them.
Stampin’ Up! products used to create this card:
Stamps: Festive Flurry (Available August 1 – 131778 wood, 131781 clear); More Merry Message (126400 wood, 126402 clear)
Dies & Embossing Folders: Festive Flurry Framelits Dies (Available August 1 – 132193); Circles Collection Framelits Dies (130911); Northern Flurry Embossing Folder (120902)
Embellishments: Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder (109131); Whisper White 5/8″ Organza Ribbon (114319); Basics 3/8″ Glimmer Brads (121003)
Ink: VersaMark Pad (102283); Pool Party Classic Stampin’ Pad (126982); Island Indio Classic Stampin’ Pad (126986)
Tools: Heat Tool (129053); Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (113439); Stampin’ Sanding Block (129367)
Card Stock & Cuts: Island Indigo (122923) - card base cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and scored at 4-1/4″, Circle Collection Framelits die cut; Whisper White (100730) – four Festive Flurry die cuts, one hand-trimmed snowflake center, 4″ x 5-1/4″ panel; Brushed Silver (100712) – Circles Collection Framelits die cuts; Subtles Core’dinations Card Stock (129954) – 2-1/4″ x 5-1/8″ panel; Subtles Designer Series Paper Stacks (130135) – 2″ x 5-1/8″ panel
Adhesive: SNAIL Adhesive (104332); Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430); Glue Dots (103683)
Tomorrow is the last day…
- The Buy 3 Get 1 Free DSP Promotion from Stampin’ Up! is ending on July 31 so make sure that you stock up soon! You can click here or on my Promotions tab above to read more about it.
- The Single Stamp Promotion from Stampin’ Up! is ending July 31 also. To see all of the single stamps available in my online store for just a few more days, click here or on the Single Stamps button on the right side of the screen.
- There is still time join my 2013 Holiday Catalog Share. You’ve got until Wednesday, July 31 to let me know if you’re interested in joining. As a side note, I found out that I can send you an invoice through Paypal that allows you to pay with either a credit card or your Paypal account. So if you don’t have a Paypal account and want to join, you still can! Simply choose the “pay with credit card” button when I send out your invoice! Click here or on the Holiday Catalog Share tab at the top of the page for more details.
- My Stamp With Amy K July Ordering Special is ending on July 31 too! If you place an order through my online store of $50 or greater, you are automatically entered to win one of two $25 Stampin’ Up! Gift Certificates from me! And check out my updated Rewards Program, I’ve made it even easier to earn free products!
New My Digital Studio Downloads Available Now from Stampin’ Up!
Click here to see all of the latest My Digital Studio downloads available from Stampin’ Up! in my online store.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Order Stampin’ Up! Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions.
Don’t forget about the Buy 3 Get 1 Free DSP Promotion and the Pick a Kit Offer for New Demonstrators from Stampin’ Up! Click on my Promotions tab above to read all of the details.
Plus I’ve got a July ordering special where you could win one of two $25 gift certificates! Click on my Rewards tab above to read all about it.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!