Today I’m sharing a card that I made for the SUO Challenge #62 using the Hearts a Flutter and My Little Valentine stamp sets from Stampin’ Up. I also pulled out some of the new Canvas Creations and my sewing machine…something that I almost never use!
Here is the list of products that you will need to create this card:
- My Little Valentine (132242 available in clear mount only) ***only available until Jan. 21
- Hearts a Flutter (129249 wood, 129252 clear)
- Hearts a Flutter Framelits Dies (130159)
- Full Heart Punch (119883)
- Decorative Label Punch (120907)
- Primrose Petals 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon (126844)
- Very Vanilla 1/2″ Seam Binding Ribbon (120999)
- White Canvas Creations (129375)
- Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334)
- Simply Scored Borders Scoring Plate (126192)
- More Amore Speciality Designer Series Paper (129309)
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)
- Pool Party (123002), Primrose Petals (126856) & Basic Gray (119703) Stampin’ Write Markers
- Primrose Petals Classic Stampin’ Pad (126858)
- Pool Party Classic Stampin’ Pad (126982)
- Basic Gray Classic Stampin Pad (126981)
- Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650)
- Basic Gray Card Stock (121044)
- Primrose Petals Card Stock (126841)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)
- Glue Dots (103683)
- Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
- Sewing Machine
I started with a card base of Primrose Petals cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and scored at 4-1/4″. I cut a panel of Basic Gray Card Stock to 4″ x 5-1/4″ and I used the Borders Scoring Plate to create the scallop dot embossing across the bottom of the card stock. Then I wrapped the Very Vanilla Seam Binding around the upper section of the panel and marked the placement on the back side of the panel. I used the Borders Scoring Plate again to create the dashed stitches on either side of the ribbon. Then I stamped the heart images from the Hearts a Flutter stamp set in Primrose Petals and Pool Party ink and stamped the outlined heart image in Basic Gray using my Stamp-a-ma-jig on Canvas Creations. I cut the hearts out using the Hearts a Flutter Framelits Die and adhered them to the Basic Gray panel with a little bit of SNAIL in the center. I took the panel and ran it through my sewing machine using some off-white thread to stitch. Next, I cut out one of the lacy hearts from the More Amore DSP with my scissors, adhered it with SNAIL to the card front, then layered the ribbon over it and adhered it with SNAIL as well. Then I stamped the scalloped heart image from the Hearts a Flutter stamp set in Basic Gray ink on Very Vanilla Card Stock and cut it out with the Hearts a Flutter Framelits die. I punched out a heart using the Full Heart Punch from the More Amore DSP and I adhered that to the scalloped die cut heart with SNAIL and I adhered the layered hearts to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then I colored the sentiment from the My Little Valentine stamp set with my Stampin’ Write Markers and stamped it on Canvas Creations. I used the end of the Decorative Label Punch to punch out the sentiment. I first saw this on France Martin’s blog (she’s got a video explanation on her site if you want to check it out) and thought it would work great with the small sentiments from the My Little Valentine stamp set. I took some pictures while I was punching to show you how I created the punch:
Punch out the sentiment using the end of the punch on one side. Then flip the sentiment the other way around and punch it out with the end again.
I also created a little layer of Primrose Petals behind the sentiment using the same technique and I adhered them together with SNAIL and adhered the layered sentiment to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. To finish the card, I placed rhinestones in the upper corners and on the sides of the sentiment and I tied a bow using both ribbons and adhered the center with a Glue Dot. I added a touch of SNAIL to the back of the ribbon tails and adhered them to create the ruffly look.
The Canvas Creations punched out really easily and cut very nicely with the Framelits Dies. I like that it gives the stamped images a softer look, plus it gave me a reason to pull out and dust off my neglected sewing machine.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Online Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or drop me an email if you have any questions.
- I’ve got a January ordering special where you could win the Snow Much Fun stamp set! Click on my Rewards tab above to read all about it.
- Stampin’ Up has the My Little Valentine Promotion and the Valentine Treat Bundle going on now through January 21, click on my Promotions tab above to read all about it.
- Sign up for the new Stampin’ Up Paper Pumpkin where for $19.95 per month, you’ll receive a kit once a month that contains all the stamps, ink, paper, and accessories to create pinable projects. Create stuff like cards, journals, décor, and more! Click on the Paper Pumpkin picture on the right side of the screen to read all about it.
- Check out the new “Best Of” stamp sets for sale for $14.95. Click on my Promotions tab above or on the Best Of picture on the right of the screen to see more information.
- Visit my online store here.
- Shop the Clearance Rack here.
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! Products – Join my Running Shoe Rewards Program – My online customer thank you program!